Read RAW Pics with Adobe Lightroom 5

Obviously everyone is waiting for the RAW files to be readable. Is there some way that an alert can go out when it becomes available?
I think the Vision is an amazing concept but a very big case for FRAUD to casually claim that it shoots RAW. Of course DJI will claim that it shoots RAW because anyone can make a commercially unreadable file and call it RAW. Maybe they should have called it WAR files because there will be a class action against these people if they don't deliver very shortly.
I shoot professionally and got a VISION as an intro to Drones. Never before in professional marketing have I seen such a con … such a claim unfulfilled.
This claim of shooting RAW discredits the photographic industry … imagine if someone like CANON or NIKON did this.
I think the smart camera manufacturers should get the jump and make a smarter RAW producing (that can be easily read by all) camera for the Vision using the DJI interface.

Its a good toy. That's all at this stage. The JPEGS are crap.

An update from the previous Facebook link I posted. Russell Brown from Adobe is warning people NOT to shoot any RAW photos using the current RAW format. Wait until this camera update is released, and then Adobe DNG will be the native RAW format, no more proprietary DJI RAW format.

Definitely sounds like current proprietary RAW files are going to be orphaned.

Thanks for that Jimre.
Claiming 14MP what now will the real file size be of a DNG from this camera and what compression?

Lightroom lens correction
Sorry to be a pain. I can't work out how to get the .LCP file into LR.
Could someone help me with detailed steps. I am on a MAC

fimfie said:
Thanks for that Jimre.
Claiming 14MP what now will the real file size be of a DNG from this camera and what compression?
The camera has always been 14 Megapixels. 4384 x 3288 = 14,414,592 pixels.

RAW files have no compression. That's the whole point - it's entirely up to you how much you want to compress the image when you eventually convert your finished image to JPEG or TIFF whatever.

fimfie said:
Lightroom lens correction
Sorry to be a pain. I can't work out how to get the .LCP file into LR.
Could someone help me with detailed steps. I am on a MAC

Hi
I had the same problem on a PC.
I followed the instructions and it's perfectly in Photoshop, but not in Lightroom, it's not showing up at all.
Then I saw under Lens profile that there was a GoPro profile and it seem like it works as good as FC200 profile in Photoshop, so just use that one, at least until we find out how to get it to work in Lightroom.

Thanks JIMRE
I work with RAW 100% of the time and understand that they are the complete info package.
I haven't worked with DNG before and wondered if there was any info loss with them.
??

In the DJI RAW format, each pixel is represented as an RGB value, right?

What is the color depth (bits per color), just 8,8,8, or perhaps 12,12,12?

In order to get the P2V lens profile in lightroom you need to update to 5.3, update lightroom i mean.

fimfie said:
Thanks JIMRE
I work with RAW 100% of the time and understand that they are the complete info package.
I haven't worked with DNG before and wondered if there was any info loss with them.
??
DNG is lossless.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Negative
It's basically Adobe's attempt to create an industry-standard format for RAW images, and stop the insanity of each & every new camera model having their own proprietary format. It's great that DJI is now adopting this natively for the P2V camera -- too bad they didn't have this in mind from the beginning.

fimfie said:
Thanks JIMRE
When will it be ready for the P2V does anyone know?
DJI originally announced this update would be available in late Dec or early Jan. Obviously it's not here yet. But it is being beta-tested by people at Adobe & elsewhere, so hopefully soon.

fimfie said:
Thanks for that. Can we presume that this thread will get notified when it happens?
I assume it will be posted in the News section of the DJI Vision app on your phone - most new updates or announcements seem to be posted there. DJI doesn't make official announcements in these forums, but I'm pretty sure people here will start posting the instant this update is available.

DJI are getting worse and worse.
Yesterday I wrote a complain on the Facebook International page, it was deleted after 5mins. Then I wrote a new one where I asked why they are deleting peoples posts. It took less than 2mins before it was gone.
Seems like they delete anything which is not only positive. Very very bad way to run a Company.

Klaus said:
DJI are getting worse and worse.
Yesterday I wrote a complain on the Facebook International page, it was deleted after 5mins. Then I wrote a new one where I asked why they are deleting peoples posts. It took less than 2mins before it was gone.
Seems like they delete anything which is not only positive. Very very bad way to run a Company.

Start a new Facebook group named "DJI Global - complaints" and in the description list that its a place to make dji aware of issues and faults without them (dji) being able to censor it :)

Excellent idea for the new page on FB. Let us know here when its up and we'll get the SEO going on it immediately.

garygid said:
In the DJI RAW format, each pixel is represented as an RGB value, right?

What is the color depth (bits per color), just 8,8,8, or perhaps 12,12,12?
The Phantom 2 Vision home page at http://www.dji.com lists "12-bit color depth" as one of the main features of the camera. Presumably that's what we'll see in the DNG RAW files; have to wait to confirm when it's released.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1