Reaching out.....

Reaction score
It's no secret the drone community has taken some hits over the last number of months,largely as the result of some stupid and careless things some drone pilots have been doing. It seems the media love to bash drones.
I was thinking about this and I have a few suggestions of things drone owners can do to put their drones in a more positive light.

1. Reach out to any local search and rescue organization that might exist in your community. Offer the services of your aircraft if it was needed in a search and rescue effort. Your drone can cover a lot of ground faster than having people on the ground. Your drone can also survey areas that might be too dangerous to have people on the ground.
I'm sure rescue organizations would welcome your offer.

2. Reach out to non-profit groups that may be staging some special event. Offer to take some photos of the event and give the photos or video to the group(for free). You'd be surprised what good relations are generated as a result of your offer.

3. Reach out to local schools and contact the science teachers and see if they'd like you to come one day to show students the wonders of flight. Particularly when science teachers are covering the subject of flight, it's nothing like seeing the real thing and discussing the aspects of lift,thrust,pitch and roll for students of any age.
You might even take an aerial selfie of the entire class and then send it to the teacher for distribution.
The kids would love it.
Just a few ideas that I believe would show drones in a much better light.

I have done all three and I can tell you it has helped build a much better image of our drones.

Nice post Hendricks. Ya get a point for that one.:D

I think its a great idea. I will do my best to act on it !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20