Reached a new top speed today.

I have found the dashboard not to be as accurate as the logged speed in the log files... so.....to that end my dashboard has me at 80+ one day... I was super excited....going with the 17 mph wind gusts and full sport mode.... then post flight my dronelogbook and healthydrones reviews f the flight showed I only hit about 56 mph. #funtimes in wide open spaces. ;-)

Ron Davis
#rotorsnaps
rotorsnaps.com
DJI Phantom 4 +Samsung Tab A7
Landing Gear Extensions
DJI Snapin Prop Guards
Bower ND4 ND8
PolarPro ND16 ND32 ND64
DJI Osmo Mobile +S7 Edge

View attachment 73274 'rubbadadolphin', Is this your Phantom?
Indeed it is, can't see it but you c
an hear the sonic boom
159f8f7c6a671c78f2596c06087be2a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

yup

cdb43a4541a5550c9f8d7eb1f0261844.jpg

On my phone lg G4 running DJI go 4 my speed show's 77.2mph. However when I used my friends iPad the DJI go app showed 57.6 mph. I even went as far as checking the flight log from the flight my speed was recorded and it definitely wasn't showing as high of a speed. Is this because I'm using a non approved DJI device? Or because I'm running the DJI go 4 app? Or just because the app unfortunately is better on iOS? Unfortunately I don't really know but I didn't have any kind of interference on the screen or anything while using the iPad and it happens almost every flight at some point for me with my lg G4

Sent from my LG-H811 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Who's been messing with MY data then (some big brother I wonder?

I was lead to believe that DJI Phantom 4s have a limited top speed, I've just sorted my AIR DATA membership and gone over some of my files and memories and guess what? Well I'll lay it out as it is.

You will see above on my post of 15 oct 2016 I attached a photo on my log that showed on the 10 Sept 2015 I had a top speed of 74.9 mph, I remember it well, I remember thinking Jez that drone is whizzing (all be it downwind, a plus of no more than 15 mph). At that time I checked the log details and all looked correct, however now the data for that flight has somehow changed to show a 51.05mph top speed.

I most certainly deed not change it, I would not know how to even if I wanted to.

With all the new legislation that has come about over the past couple years or so I'm wondering if someone wanted to 'shall we say' muddy the waters a little?

What do you think, any ideas please?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl