RE700 Install on Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Hello fellow flyers.

I've had my Phantom 2 Vision for several months now. I have been experiencing an issue i've read about several times on these forums. While flying with the supplied RE500 - I frequently loose FPV around 250-300'. Ideally I would love to fly 400'-500' with semi reliable FPV.

Enter what i've read about the RE700.

I ordered an RE700 from Amazon last week. It came in last night!

My question is - what exactly do I need to do in order to swap the RE500 fro the RE700? I've read something about scanning a QR code, but some detail would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

It is simple. Turn everything on except the old extender. Press and hold the reset button on the new extender then connect to it via wifi. Then in app settings select to bind and scan the qR code on the packaging of the original phantom as that has the MAC address of the camera in it, and you should be good to go! If you don't have original packaging you can request new code from DJI based on your phantom serial code.

When I tried to scan the photo I had take of the QR code on the packaging I got an error about an invalid code. Using a generic reading app I saw that the code contained a url and one of the Series of characters in the url was the MAC address of the camera, which you can enter manually by tapping on the Lower MAC address field in the binding screen on the app.

Whole process takes about 3 minutes, tell us how many feet you get now. 300 feet seems quite low I am able to get 1000 to 1450 feet with the re500.

It's also pretty easy to get the camera MAC address while it's still bound to the RE500. Write the MAC address down and you're good to go...

-slinger

Easy, Breezy!

Speaking of breezy... awfully windy today. Hopefully I'll get to try it out this weekend!

Thanks for the responses

dirkclod said:
And Welcome to the forum weagle :D

Dam missed that, to busy answering the question :lol:

Remember, to click the BLUE CHECK ( top right screen ) after you get Mac address, during binding sequence,
Or it WONT take. You'll have to do it again, I was on my iPhone and had to scroll up to see
The check box, after 3 attempts I was getting pissed, then there it was the ( holy blue check ), bam,
I was golden! Re700 working GREAT on the vision ( non-plus )....

Take care, fly safe!
J Dot

I read the manual and did exactly what it said and it worked fine...the only thing it didn't say is you may have to reload the vision app, then mine worked. In the Army we had a little saying RTFB. Read the F......Book !

Update:

Following everyone's helpful it advise... it worked! (took 4 tries, less than 20 minutes)

If i had written the MAC address correctly the first time :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: ... it would have taken 3 minutes, as suggested.

Went for a flight last night in a heavily wifi congested area. Completely uninterrupted feed up to 350'. Wind was noticeable so I didn't take 'er any higher.

Hoping to find a nice wifi free, calm field this weekend and really try 'er out!

Thanks again for the help

oopsie, them MAC addresses can be tricky little buggers, i mean who can tell the difference between a 0 and o when its small.?

Im actually jealous right now, :cry: i want an RE700 now but i will have to wait until next week, im dying to break my 1600ft straight up record.

crash1sttime said:
oopsie, them MAC addresses can be tricky little buggers, i mean who can tell the difference between a 0 and o when its small.?

Im actually jealous right now, :cry: i want an RE700 now but i will have to wait until next week, im dying to break my 1600ft straight up record.

There is no letter O in a MAC address... It's in HEX...

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31