RE700 compatible with Phantom 2 Vision

Yesterday my first flight with new RE700 on my Phantom 2 Vision set up had a max distance of over 2600 fee in very flat area.
My next flight was over 3100 feet distance before losing the video feed. Once signal jogged on / off it regained constant and remained at 2900-3000 feet distance for good 5 + minutes.

It is definately much improved over the RE500. I could usually get about 1300-1400 feet on flat ground.

HWKIDD said:
hooked up a re700 to my phantom 2 vision today, just had to rebind the correct q code for the camera, also had to delete and reload the phone ap, for it to work, now to see if there is really extra range, I also got the transmitter used on the plus off of ebay, set up with out a problem, has the usb plug on the bottom, beats getting inside the thing if you need to upgrade,

Hi there,

I'm curios as to how the RE700 has continued to work on the Phantom 2 Vision? I'm contemplating buying one for my Phantom 2 vision and was wondering how it has performed for you?

Reactions: Tristan
Just a quick note. I just picked up the RE 700 off ebay and did the Binding per the instructions in the Vision 2 manual and it worked fine. I did have to re-install the Vision App on my phone. Too cold to fly right now (19degrees F.) but I feel confident this will help. In fact I went downstairs, left the Phantom upstairs and the connection was never lost. With the old Re500, it was always lost. So more to come when it warms up!

I just received my new RE700 for my Vision/Rotorpixel setup.... binding went off without a hitch.
Also got the new V3 Transmitter with Gimbal wheel. I will bind it today and wring out the system.

I ordered both thru Amazon as I had several gift cards.

Cant fly until the weather improves. Will update with a video and review soon.

The Rookie

I purchased an RE700 and did bind it with my Phantom 2 Vision. It's fairly simple. I followed the directions in the manual. But I did have to delete and re-download the Vision app for it to work. Haven't flown yet, but just around the house it is not losing the connection like the RE 500 was.

With my stock P2V and RE500 I was getting 800' FPV. Still had control of the craft. After getting the RE700 I flew 1017' when I lost flight control...but still had FPV. I prefer to have it this way with FPV being longer than flight control.

Geo

I must ask you guys a question, I have the RE500 that came with my P2V and I can only get about 500ft before the FPV loses connection....I am flying it down my cul-de-sac to an open desert area, so my question is does interference from wifi within my neighborhood interfere with my RE500 and that's why i'm getting limited distance or is something else wrong.....thanks for any help!

1st_time_flyer said:
I must ask you guys a question, I have the RE500 that came with my P2V and I can only get about 500ft before the FPV loses connection....I am flying it down my cul-de-sac to an open desert area, so my question is does interference from wifi within my neighborhood interfere with my RE500 and that's why i'm getting limited distance or is something else wrong.....thanks for any help!

Just tested the RE700 and new transmitter with my P2 Vision. It was windy, but i still managed to get out 1700 feet and still had good video, that was better than my RE500 ever did. Will test some more when the weather improves.

RCRookie said:
1st_time_flyer said:

Just tested the RE700 and new transmitter with my P2 Vision. It was windy, but i still managed to get out 1700 feet and still had good video, that was better than my RE500 ever did. Will test some more when the weather improves.

thanks for reporting back.....do you find that your first person view gets "grainy" at those kinds of distances....I can barely get the phantom down to the end of my cul-de-sac before the FPV gets pixilated and grainy.

I have preview quality set to 320 @15 fps...its a little choppy at times but overall its adequate. Since 1.07, I haven't been able to get 640@30 fps at all. But with that said...I fly in a lot of trees. People that live in broad open areas like the desert,.. Im sure get a much better range and wifi video quality, with almost no interference.

I got super lucky. Found a re700 and v2 controller (usb port bottom) for $70 on Craigslist!!! Giving the transmitter to my son (i just got v3 transmitter)
I've scanned ebay looking for a re700 but best price i found was $100 plus some change for a used one ! So i feel very lucky to have got such a great deal.
I didn't need to delete vision app just held down button on side of extender till it went off then performed bind with app.
The few flights I've flown since have been lock solid with fpv set at 640x480 30fps....btw my old re500 had the single antenna mod done....and while it was good it wasn't as stable as this re700 appears

So I got my RE700 ... went into the app and scanned the QR code from my original box for my Phantom. App populated fields for the SSID and the MAC for the camera just fine, reported back SUCCESS. When I check the "blue arrow" to accept, all looks well, but it appears the RE700 reboots programmatically at that point, and then it never advertises its SSID again. Before the bind, it advertises its "Phantom_XXX" SSID just fine, lets anyone connect, gives out IP addresses, etc - works fine. But once I bind, even though the app reports success, it never advertises again, and, of course, I'm grounded until all that resolves so the app can see what's going on. I can reset the RE700 with a paper-clip and repeat all this over and over. Weird thing now is that my old RE500 won't bind back now to the way it was - which was working great. Same exact scenario with the RE500 now trying to fail-back. Any ideas ???

donniew said:
So I got my RE700 ... went into the app and scanned the QR code from my original box for my Phantom. App populated fields for the SSID and the MAC for the camera just fine, reported back SUCCESS. When I check the "blue arrow" to accept, all looks well, but it appears the RE700 reboots programmatically at that point, and then it never advertises its SSID again. Before the bind, it advertises its "Phantom_XXX" SSID just fine, lets anyone connect, gives out IP addresses, etc - works fine. But once I bind, even though the app reports success, it never advertises again, and, of course, I'm grounded until all that resolves so the app can see what's going on. I can reset the RE700 with a paper-clip and repeat all this over and over. Weird thing now is that my old RE500 won't bind back now to the way it was - which was working great. Same exact scenario with the RE500 now trying to fail-back. Any ideas ???

Man, do I feel stupid. I must've tried everything. Went back through step-by-step tonight, and watched the video - which all showed I was doing everything exactly right. Then I noticed the little cable running from the main body of my P2V to the back of the camera was ever-so-slightly unplugged - just barely. I pressed on it a bit and a little "pop" as it seated completely 100%. All problems gone, working properly and bound properly now to my new RE700.

I just ordered a v3.transmitter for my vision (non plus) and RE700.. Anyone have a video for binding it correctly?!

How do I get the dial to work on the transmitter
Have you done a transmitter calibration??

The above video should be enough, but the next is an updated version

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4