RE700 compatible with Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Do you know if the new wireless extender is compatible and can be bonded to the P2V (non plus) so to get the extended range?

I think not but i would love to know for sure. **** DJI becoming the next apple of drones but these things even more expensive to upgrade. An iphone is only 200 every year with new contract.

The RE700 is compatible with the PV2. The RE500 that shipped with my PV2 would not stay off so I contacted DJI about getting it fixed and their service was horrible, wanted the entire aircraft for over a month. I fixed the RE500 issues myself, and in the mean time also found an RE700 through US Hobby, they said they would pull it off of a PV2+ that was returned. It looks identical to the RE500, although on the bottom sticker it does identify itself as an RE700. I was able to bind it to my P2V and achieved much better results (even better than modding the RE500 with the 2W 2.4 GHz amplifier).

It doesn't seem to be offered as a replacement part, at least for the moment. But its quite great news it can be paired with the P2V.

hooked up a re700 to my phantom 2 vision today, just had to rebind the correct q code for the camera, also had to delete and reload the phone ap, for it to work, now to see if there is really extra range, I also got the transmitter used on the plus off of ebay, set up with out a problem, has the usb plug on the bottom, beats getting inside the thing if you need to upgrade,

HWKIDD said:
hooked up a re700 to my phantom 2 vision today, just had to rebind the correct q code for the camera, also had to delete and reload the phone ap, for it to work, now to see if there is really extra range, I also got the transmitter used on the plus off of ebay, set up with out a problem, has the usb plug on the bottom, beats getting inside the thing if you need to upgrade,
Hey
How success
To connect it
That I got
An error message
Such

Opp5151 said:
HWKIDD said:
Hey
How success
To connect it
That I got
An error message
Such
Phantom connection
Failed

colonelangus said:
yes its compatible and yes it doubles the range .. I just picked up a re700 and transmitter for my vision
I am trying to connect
In between.
And can't
Maybe we should delete
The exponent
The old

Anyone have a link to this RE700...USHobby has nothing advertised on their site.

Would like to know more about it before considering an upgrade.

A see one on eBay advertised for $199 US Dollars. If this truly increases the range it probably is worth the investment. How this guy got these beats me... Be nice to purchase them direct from DJI for less?

ok guys I just received my dji vision+ plus transmitter and wifi ext RE700 .. I followed the instructions and binding took all of 5min to complete both steps first to bind transmitter to craft ..also to link iPhone to new wifi ext then bind camera and wifi ext together in that order as stated in instructions .. everything works as it should have not flown due to weather but have tested and hovered to ensure all is good..

reason for doing this is a no brainer.. its a cheap easy way to get more distance both for craft and fpv basically makes vision same as the plus without the fragile camera although I don't have the fancy gimbal I don't really need it and imo I have the best of both worlds

Great to hear.. I've been following this thread to find out how well this works.
Why did you need a new TX? The RE700 would work alone with the Vision's original TX... correct.

Also, do you know if DJI will be offering this RE700 as an "official" replacement for both Vision models in the future?

It doesnt make sense to continue making an inferior model, if the newer one performs better. I hope this is the case. As I may want to upgrade for the distance increase as well.

Thanks

The Rookie

ok update

went out flew for couple hours without issue .. range is definitely further now.. wasn't in greatest area but still got 2600ft away at about 300ft high.. then did altitude test video crapped out at 1300ft but could have been batteries in TX near the end it started beeping ..so im going to try again with fresh batteries.. before in same area I could barely get 1200ft away and max alt was about 1200ft .. better but still not great going to recalibtate everything just to see if I overlooked something

just noticed height setting was 1300ft and radius was 5200ft so I increased them both to see if next time limits are equal again if so ill bump them up again until I hit the ceiling so to speak

YES! I purchased and installed a RE700 today in about 10 minutes.

This is how I did it.

1-plugged in the RE700 to charger
2-turned on transmitter, tablet DJI app and new RE700
3-found Phantom 617 in Wi Fi and connected
4-selected SETTINGS in DJI app then chose binding
5-app prompted me to scan QR Code on Phantom 2 Vision outside box
6-IT WORKED!

mcseay said:
YES! I purchased and installed a RE700 today in about 10 minutes.

This is how I did it.

1-plugged in the RE700 to charger
2-turned on transmitter, tablet DJI app and new RE700
3-found Phantom 617 in Wi Fi and connected
4-selected SETTINGS in DJI app then chose binding
5-app prompted me to scan QR Code on Phantom 2 Vision outside box
6-IT WORKED!

Actually... you just need the MAC address... Easy, peasy...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31