RE500 Mod Possible Antenna Option?

Reaction score
Hi, I know this has been discussed. I currently have done the antenna mod to my RE500 and I currently use a 5dbi Omni Directional Antenna with decent success. 1200-1300 feet. I am looking for a low cost solution to achieve slightly better range. So, with that said, I was curious about the following option. Has anyone used this type of directional antenna to achieve more range? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.alfanetworkeurope.eu/en/alfa ... tenna.html

Attachments

• antenna.jpg
    antenna.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 575
Hello Walkers13,

I have tried this antenna on my 500. I either had a bad antenna or it just wasn't the right option as my video range decreased.
I have seen others with these types of antennas post varying levels of success on here - perhaps more will chime in.

I ultimately ended up going back to stock with the 500 and added two omni antennas to the Vision. I am pretty happy with my range now.

I had one but was for control on 5.8. It added about 400 feet to control. If you really want distance get the antenna upgrades from FPVLR dot com. I've managed 10,000 feet away at only 500 feet up. I'm sure more is there but next try may be a long time from now. Snowing like hell here now so may not fly until Spring.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31