Re-connection?

Reaction score
Hello Forum!

Today i had my next record flight, with my P3A, no mods for antenna. 4KM. Hooray!

Of course there were multiple video signal losses and interferences that i flew through, even though it was an open field, but still.

I had 2 remotes with me. One original one. and second one, i mentioned here, that i took from my friend.
Does distance depend on remote?

First i flew with my RC, and that's how i got to 4KM. It lost its signal at the end, did RTH and TOOK a WHILE for reconnecting. Meaning, it did reconnect signal somewhere when it was around 1.3KM close to me maybe. I dont remember. But not soon enough.

after linking and flying with second (friends) RC, i didn't achieve, even half of this distance, i got to 1.5KM when it lost signal, but not only video, the RC as well. Of course my heart was racing, and it took time to come back 1.5KM, but it did.
BUT, when it was close, it DIDN'T reconnect. and did auto landing, which was very close to a tree. I got very lucky.

So my question is, as i see, the re connection is an issue with both remotes or its a drone. Meaning, when RC gets to its MOST further possible point of delivering signal, and loses connection and when drone approaches it, it takes time to reconnect, or in case of the second remote, doesn't reconnect at all.

Any solutions? Advice?

If you faced reconnection issue only with the second remote, you got to look into the details why? All fingers point to RC antenna signal strength or its orientation. See if you can figure out something.

How was the battery condition?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you faced reconnection issue only with the second remote, you got to look into the details why? All fingers point to RC antenna signal strength or its orientation. See if you can figure out something.

How was the battery condition?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I did face it with BOTH remotes. The first (original) remote reconnected after a short while, but wasn't too fast either. Took a while. The second one, never reconnected. So obviously, the second RC is weaker, but the reconecting didn't happen for a while with the first one also. That's what concerns me. The antennas were positioned correctly.

The battery of RC? It was on 3 blinking leds. Both of them.

Had the same situation- lost signal, RTH and not connected. Try RC turn off and on- nothing.
Just for information- its happened after upgrade to 1.9.6. Thinking about downgrade, but its not happened more. Let's see.

Reactions: t2adze

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1