Re: Charging Muliple PV batteries at once

i was about to write same thing ... buy 3 power supply :mrgreen: :lol:

anyway, I guess a simple lipo charger capable of output around 12A will fit the need
then a cable with 3x faston for battery connection in parallel

Khakis1999 said:
Any better ideas. These two guys are babbling morons, or as we say in Oklahoma "retards lookin' up at the Ferris Wheel"
I gave you a good advice after the joke
did I deserve to be called moron ? :cry:

anyway, seem that all charging is done inside the battery, so nothin special needed outside rather than a power supply capable of 3times the power of one ... if I don't remember bad, the original should be 12.6volts x 4amps
so basically you just need to prepare a cable with male fast-ons to connect the batteries in parallel to the single more powerful psu

just one warning:
better not connect too different charge batteries in parallel
better all around same percent of discharge

hope not to look again to ferries wheel :roll:

Pull_Up said:
http://shop.jet-1a.com/index.php?cPath=603_639_642&&page=2&osCsid=afd06f694a71765fcdd36cd00cce1066

Bottom of the page... buy 3 extra chargers at 39 euro each? :lol:

You asked a question, this is this most logical answer! If you don't like it . . . Well there's not much you can do ATM.

I would suggest buying another lipo charger but to the best of my knowledge (but hey, I used to build Ferris wheel's, what would I know) there is no lipo battery charger that will work with the vision batteries as they don't have the external balance connector . . .

Any decent lipo charger won't allow it to charge unless the balance tap is connected! Only the DJI vision battery charger.

urgno said:
the DJI should be not a charger but a normal power supply as all charging is done internally ;)

Not having a vision, I miss some info. When dji say the charging is done internally, they refer to the balancing of the cells, and if that's the case then yes, the vision charger would be nothing more than a 12.6v power supply, I would however caution anybody thinking of using a 12v power supply they have laying around as most 12v power supplies will supply 12.8v+. The cells of the lipo battery (combined) should not exceed 12.6 so the power supply must be set to never go above 12.6v!

That said, if you can supply 12.6vMAX @ 4A or more, then vision batteries should be ok to be charged in parallel, in fact, they would be charging better than my 2200mah batteries with my ammo can/Imax B6/parallel board set up! Because each battery will balance individually (where as my set up, all balance taps are connected in parallel too!)

yesterday I made a little test on P2V "charger" ...
I'm using the double quotes because is just a plain and simple power supply that DJI call "Charger" :roll:

Anyway, I tried to power my hyperion 1420 charger and worked perfectly ;)
there wasn't any variation in the voltage coming our from the DJI power supply that instead usually happen in the normal lipo charger proving my thought that is just power supply.

The only thing that DJI power supply have is the led that change to red when the amperage sucked from it is more than some mA then the led turn to red ... when there is no power draw then is green

Now I'm pretty sure that with a powerful enough power supply that can supply 4A for each phantom battery
you can charge how much phantom batteries you want in parallel :mrgreen:

Maybe is a good idea to put a 5A diode in series of each battery to avoid that the most charged battery get sucked by the less charged ones ... but not sure about that because a diode usually lower voltage by 0.7V so could lower the voltage of the battery being charged.

Any suggestion well appreciated :roll:

as the original dji power supply output 12.3v, maybe compensating for the diode voltage drop of 0.7v
setting the power supply to 13v should do the magic :)

I have 3 B6 Chargers that can charge 11.1 Lipo no problem...

what type of ends does the PV battery have? I am used to dealing with deans myself...

Khakis1999 said:
Just received 2 additional PV batteries. Im debating ways to charge 3 of them at once. Any ideas? :evil:

That's easy, just buy two additional chargers :p I'm waiting on my two extra batteries as well. Though I'm fine charging one at a time :p

So I can't buy a connector for charging So I can use my b6 chargers

Is it the same connector as the phantom 1.

I have seen splitters so I could hack one up and make a pigtail for my b6

The b6 is a smart charger I mainly use deans connectors but I can make anything. But I need to know the type of connector the battery would need

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4