Re-balancing your LiPo batteries / charging batteries

Reaction score
Is there any harm done to the batteries if you re-attach almost full or a full LiPo battery to your charger for cells to be balanced. For an example I have LiPo that I use to power up my videolinks receiving end and its almost full after some flights. Is there any harm done if I just re-charge it even though its almost full.

Technically no, the balance gather is smart and knows to top off the battery and balance the cells appropriately. What you don't want to do is store the batteries charged, which tends to be the case when people ask about topping up.

When you say store the batteries, do you mean for more than a week ? Month ? an if your not going to fly for a week what would you drain the battery to ? I understand discharge to 8 to 10 % if your going to use it for a few days! the reason I'm asking is I have already gone through one battery! it was staying on the bulging side.

Thanks

LiPo torage level is approx 50% charge or 4.2-4.3v/cell.
This equals 11.3 -11.4v for the 3S in the P1 and the 3S2P in the Phantom 2s

N017RW said:

4.2v/cell is full charge on any LiPo (which may be what you were saying), but yes 11.3v-11.4v total is good for storage on any Phantom 3S.

OI Photography said:
N017RW said:

4.2v/cell is full charge on any LiPo (which may be what you were saying), but yes 11.3v-11.4v total is good for storage on any Phantom 3S.

Meant ~3.8/cell. Thx.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl