Re-assigning joystick controls

Reaction score
Hi, I have the Phantom 2 with the new controller. Is it possible to re-assign the joystick controls, so that the left stick controls fwd/rev/left/right, and the right stick controls up/down/rotation? I'm not sure how to do this with the Assistant on a Mac. Thanks for any guidance.

duceno1 said:
Hi, I have the Phantom 2 with the new controller. Is it possible to re-assign the joystick controls, so that the left stick controls fwd/rev/left/right, and the right stick controls up/down/rotation? I'm not sure how to do this with the Assistant on a Mac. Thanks for any guidance.

Sounds like Mode 3 is what you're after (left stick operates elevator & ailerons, right stick operates throttle & rudder.).

However the Phantom controller can only support Modes 1 & 2.

Set to Mode 2
Swap rachet as if doing Mode 1 conversion.
Swap over the two gimbal to motherboards connectors.

If by reverse the wires you mean swap the two plugs around then yes.
If you take the back off the TX you will see a total of 6 wires from each gimbal ending in single plug that connects to the motherboard. One for the left gimbal and one for the right gimbal. Pull the plugs out and swap them over.

The throttle has that rachet that locks it into the down position. You need to swap that over.

duceno1 said:
Just curious, but.... why?

Boy, can't wait to hear how this turns out..this cannot end well...and like SteveMann says...WHY?

Hi, due to a disability I have better control of the left stick, which I think may be better served for controlling the copter's fwd/reverse/right/left (sorry for lack of technical terms).

Now I get it and it makes sense. Like the man says..."measure twice....cut once..." Not sure where 'wild palms' gets his info and not disputing his post but I would be very, very careful about doing what he suggests. Sound like it makes sense, but who knows??

In the radio control world there are 4 modes. DJI implemented the two that cover maybe 80% of users. The OP's suggested mode is actually really Mode 2 for left handed people (lefties are always persecuted).

There are a number of webpages and youtube videos doing the conversion. It is a common mod among no DJI radios and they are usually more complicated.

I didn't post anything about the user doing this at their own risk as it is not really a modification. You are just swapping the sticks around. DJI officially expected me to take a screwdriver to the back of my radio and disassemble my sticks to make it Mode 1 and that is a lot more risking than swapping over two plugs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic