Re: Altitude Dilema

Reaction score
I try p4 and for making a topográphic analisis the p4 give me altitudes in mts above sea level and thats great anybody knows in what way you can change that in p3 because the p3 pro and avanced give heights from point zero at the launch point... anybody knows hoy can I change that fact? .... I know that p3 has barometer but dont display that data.....

You can add your recorded altitude to the altitude above sea level known or measured at your home point.

You won't get the P3 to provide it.

I try p4 and for making a topográphic analisis the p4 give me altitudes in mts above sea level and thats great anybody knows in what way you can change that in p3 because the p3 pro and avanced give heights from point zero at the launch point... anybody knows hoy can I change that fact? .... I know that p3 has barometer but dont display that data.....
You won't get the P3 to provide it.
It's the same for the P3 as the P4.
It was a firmware update that introduced the GPS altitude in Exif data (barometric altitude is still there too but in a different field.
BUT .. the GPS altitude data is garbage because GPS altitude accuracy is woeful and changes frequently.
GPS altitude data cannot be trusted as it is commonly +/- 200 feet out.
Take a few photos from the same spot over a 5 minute interval and check the variation for yourself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie