RE-700 battery-blasted slow charge

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come up with an answer why the RE-500 or 700 battery is so blasted slow to charge?
Everything is low on power and gets plugged into chargers. RE-700, tracker, main battery, xmit batteries, and tablet and all get done. What still is taking forever is the 700 battery. Then when it is done the blasted wind comes up and too windy to fly, can't win......

I use a mobile phone charger in mine. It charges quicker for me that way.

Happyflyer said:
Has anyone ever come up with an answer why the RE-500 or 700 battery is so blasted slow to charge?
Everything is low on power and gets plugged into chargers. RE-700, tracker, main battery, xmit batteries, and tablet and all get done. What still is taking forever is the 700 battery. Then when it is done the blasted wind comes up and too windy to fly, can't win......
I believe when it gets to where you can fly like you do in the summer you won't have the issue you are having now .
Your stuff has been resting all winter and ya trying to wake it back up and it's still sleepy .
I use what Cyclone does and when I come back in I top all mine off as you will too if it ever quits snowing up there ;)
Them battery's do wanna act up sometimes !!!

I do use a plug in charger with 1A output, but both the 500 and 700 have always taken a long time. Even last Summer. Not sure from the last time I had it open if it is a Lipo in there. If so, thought they should be charged just before you use them. Maybe that is only with the big quad battery. ??
This is for TJ and Slinger: Just saw on the news they had to import snow in Alaska for the big dog race! Maybe you guys could send them some???? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers