RC won't update firmware

The instructions clearly state to turn on the controller or at least that is what they said originally-- Havent read them lately.
Going to go back and look-- maybe I am dreaming in my old age.
Mike, pardon me-- you are right --of course:) I upgrade my RC with the usb and a card reader and did not turn on the P3 == missed the camera usb and SD card completely with the P3 connected-- If you youngsters keep teaching me these tricks-- I may get some smarts some day:):)

Reactions: bobmyers
Why not give the bird a rest for a while and try installing 1.2.8 on your remote controller via your memory card reader? If that works, then install 1.3.2.

Thanks, Mike.....forgot to mention that I had tried that. Again, there is absolutely no activity on the RC with the card reader plugged into the USB port. I don't think it cares what version of firmware is on the card...... Of course, this could mean that the reader and RC aren't cooperating for some reason, so I may need to scare up a thumb drive with enough space on it to try and rule that out.....

Need to dig the Sherlock hat and pipe out of the halloween bin..... :)

Thanks, Mike.....forgot to mention that I had tried that. Again, there is absolutely no activity on the RC with the card reader plugged into the USB port. I don't think it cares what version of firmware is on the card...... Of course, this could mean that the reader and RC aren't cooperating for some reason, so I may need to scare up a thumb drive with enough space on it to try and rule that out.....

Need to dig the Sherlock hat and pipe out of the halloween bin..... :)
There have been posts here regarding card readers not working and they tried others and got it to work.

This is the cheapie from Amazon that worked for me

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Inf...8069233&sr=8-2&keywords=transcend+card+reader

there is absolutely no activity on the RC with the card reader plugged into the USB port
It sounds like the USB port on your remote controller might be dead -- which is a known issue, but not a common issue. I'm leaning toward that since you tried a few micro USB cables and a memory card reader. Try a thumb drive before you give up all hope though.

It sounds like the USB port on your remote controller might be dead -- which is a known issue, but not a common issue. I'm leaning toward that since you tried a few micro USB cables and a memory card reader. Try a thumb drive before you give up all hope though.

Yeah, I have that same fear, though was hoping that the fact the Android thinks it is charging when plugged into the USB was an indicator it was working. I suppose that it could just be "partially" functional. I'll see if I can scare up a thumb drive and even another reader to try out.

Does anyone know how I get to those "hidden" log files that show a bit more detail than the .txt message on the SD card? Might be a red herring, but I'd like to at least look.

Thanks,
R

I'm now betting it's a bad USB port on the RC. I tried a different (known compatible with P3) card reader, and thumb drive with no luck.

I'll fly this weekend, but without video (and after some controlled testing.) Then I'll get an RMA queued up with DJI in LA and wait it out.

Thanks to everyone for their help today!

Rich

Jethro, I had the exact same problem. My solution was to update the RC firmware through the DJI Go app. When I tried to install 1.3.2 using the usb I got nothing, when I connected through the app, while connected to the internet I got a download and update option. This upgraded my rc to 1.4.30, then I used the sd card to upgrade my bird to the 1.4.10 from dji website. System now reads all updates are current.

Jethro, I had the exact same problem. My solution was to update the RC firmware through the DJI Go app. When I tried to install 1.3.2 using the usb I got nothing, when I connected through the app, while connected to the internet I got a download and update option. This upgraded my rc to 1.4.30, then I used the sd card to upgrade my bird to the 1.4.10 from dji website. System now reads all updates are current.

Thanks, Dronerancher.....unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, as my DJI GO app won't recognize that my bird is connected via the RC, so I have no option to update anything. I'm relatively certain at this point, that either the USB port is bad, or the whole module on the back of the RC is bad. I'll talk to DJI LA in the morning tomorrow and see what we can figure out. Would love to have them do diagnostics just on the RC if possible, rather than ship the whole bird.....maybe I'll try swapping in the new HDMI module...

R

Thanks, Dronerancher.....unfortunately, this doesn't work for me, as my DJI GO app won't recognize that my bird is connected via the RC, so I have no option to update anything. I'm relatively certain at this point, that either the USB port is bad, or the whole module on the back of the RC is bad. I'll talk to DJI LA in the morning tomorrow and see what we can figure out. Would love to have them do diagnostics just on the RC if possible, rather than ship the whole bird.....maybe I'll try swapping in the new HDMI module...

R
I still have my old usb board I replaced with HDMI out module -- available for postage to anyone that wants it.

I still have my old usb board I replaced with HDMI out module -- available for postage to anyone that wants it.

Bob, I'll take it off your hands. I started a "conversation" with you. Please reply there, or let me know what postage is to 94061 and we'll figure out a payment method that works.

Thanks a ton, I think this will be a great way for me to figure out if I'm right about what's not working....

Rich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1