RC won't respond to firmware

Reaction score
Just got P3P the other day, I loaded firmware on Phantom no problem then went to do RC and it does nothing at all via SD card, then I tried connecting it to the Phantom with the USB cord to gimbal with the card installed with the firmware on the gimbal... the only thing the RC shows is a green light and never made any noise.
I tried different SD Cards, a memory stick. Nothing will work on RC.
The Pilot app still says must update RC and it still works all controls but am leery to fly knowing it's not updated......What the heck is going on

I have the same issue. Got it in on Wednesday. I have flown on a couple of occasions without incident
Same here, new P3P, one week old. I have tried everything and more to update the controller and it just won't update.

They just shut another thread down for complaining about DJI but trying to get in touch with their CS is nearly impossible and finding answers to common problems others are also having is mostly just guessing by other posters. If the ability to downgrade firmware to start over was allowed one could just do that but once you get the text file "success" you are locked out until the next firmware update. Seems to me that a company with so many sales could afford a few folks to visit the major forums with answers even if it just "wait for the coming update".

On a side note if you update to the latest firmware now you can't even do the SDK firmware because it shows up as older firmware. Without the SDK you can't use 3rd party software like Ultimate Flight.

This is my 3rd DJI quadcopter and I'm not a happy camper at the moment and have lost confidence in the P3P now and it scares me to even attempt any flight over 50' in distance and 10' of altitude .

EDIT: Tried it again today and it worked fine. Connected right up with 100% signal strength on both antennas and no anomalies. Beats me unless there was some kind of interference out here in the country 20 miles from the closest town. Sometimes the USAF flies training missions up real high but sky was clear and I couldn't see any planes anywhere for over 30 minutes. If anyone knows why it would do this in a rural area give me a shout.

Last edited:
Reactions: meow man
Same here, new P3P, one week old. I have tried everything and more to update the controller and it just won't update.

They just shut another thread down for complaining about DJI but trying to get in touch with their CS is nearly impossible and finding answers to common problems others are also having is mostly just guessing by other posters. If the ability to downgrade firmware to start over was allowed one could just do that but once you get the text file "success" you are locked out until the next firmware update. Seems to me that a company with so many sales could afford a few folks to visit the major forums with answers even if it just "wait for the coming update".

On a side note if you update to the latest firmware now you can't even do the SDK firmware because it shows up as older firmware. Without the SDK you can't use 3rd party software like Ultimate Flight.

This is my 3rd DJI quadcopter and I'm not a happy camper at the moment and have lost confidence in the P3P now and it scares me to even attempt any flight over 50' in distance and 10' of altitude .

I'm probably going to return mine, I have a 2 yr warranty on everything ( spills, crashes, failures)
I'm not going to risk loosing it then I'll have $1500 out the window

Don't worry guys! If you have a B controller, then your OK and ready to fly. The B controller was shipped pre updated. The only flaw is that DJI has not fixed the Controller requires updating with in the pilot app and will be fixed on the next update. Currently no one has had problems flying with this glitch so far. Enjoy your bird.

Don't worry guys! If you have a B controller, then your OK and ready to fly. The B controller was shipped pre updated. The only flaw is that DJI has not fixed the Controller requires updating with in the pilot app and will be fixed on the next update. Currently no one has had problems flying with this glitch so far. Enjoy your bird.
Well thanks for that bit of info. I must have a "B controller" as I just bought the P3P last week.

But today when I went to fly, I get weak transmission signal and weak video signal. It's like the controller isn't even turned on but the P3P has a green light that shows it's linked and goes to red if I turn the controller off. Batteries are all charged to 100%, didn't change anything from last flight two days ago, so don't know what's wrong with it now.

I'm probably going to return mine, I have a 2 yr warranty on everything ( spills, crashes, failures)
I'm not going to risk loosing it then I'll have $1500 out the window
See my edit above. Checked it today and all is working fine. Unknown cause of previous problem but my confidence is very low at this point. I live in a heavily planted pine tree forest all around and finding it if it got lost would be difficult. I ordered the Flytrex Live 3G tracker but they are so far behind in shipping it may be a month or so before it's shipped.

Good news guys! The issue will be fixed once the new DJI Pilot GO app is released for the android. You will be able to update the controller thru the app. USB will no longer be supported after the new release. IOS users can update now. Blue, DJI authorized Dealer.

Reactions: meow man
Good news guys! The issue will be fixed once the new DJI Pilot GO app is released for the android. You will be able to update the controller thru the app. USB will no longer be supported after the new release. IOS users can update now. Blue, DJI authorized Dealer.
I have the iOS new app and just got my P3. The controller is GL300B and I can get my app to link to the remote but the message always says "Connect the Aircraft." Then when I go to the camera view it says disconnected. How do I get the aircraft to connect? I haven't even gotten this thing off the ground yet and its burning a whole in my pocket.

I have the iOS new app and just got my P3. The controller is GL300B and I can get my app to link to the remote but the message always says "Connect the Aircraft." Then when I go to the camera view it says disconnected. How do I get the aircraft to connect? I haven't even gotten this thing off the ground yet and its burning a whole in my pocket.
You know you can fly without the iThing but your P3 might need upgrading first so it's importent to get the phone/tablet working. Do you have a P3S, P3A, or P3P?

I've had a few occasions where the phone wouldn't connect with my P3P's camera and it's weird and I never figured out the cause. You can try turning on Airplane mode, make sure that WiFi is turned off, and put the P3 away from anything magnetic, then backing off about 15'-20'. Turn on the controller, turn on the phone/tablet, and then leave the remote where it is and start the P3. The times where mine wouldn't connect was always when I was close to the aircraft. But other times I can have the controller a foot away and have no problem. Also my problems were with the old Pilot app not with the Go app we use now.

Don't forget to do all the updates, an IMU calibration, and of course the compass calibration.

You may have a strong WiFi or other nearby channel interference causing the problem so try in a different area. You can look in the settings and find the channel section and see if there are any problems nearby.

And last, you have to go online after installing the Go app and register on the DJI site before it will work. I would recommend you read and reread the manual a few times before attempting to fly. It will save you from an expensive noobie crash. Choose an area to fly that is clear of trees, power lines, and other obstacles.

Hopefully some others will chime in with some suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.