RC will not connect to PC

Reaction score
[SOLVED]

I just downloaded the Phantom 2 Assistant software and drivers to update the software and calibrate the P2V+ MC & RC that I just bought. The MC update went fine but the RC will not connect to the Assistant software. The Assistant doesn't show any indication of communications (the red and blue LED's) at all when the RC is connected.

I have tried these sequences to get it to connect:
1:
Connect RC to PC
Turn on RC
Start Assistant software

2:
Connect RC to PC
Start Assistant software
Turn on RC

The RC shows connection in Windows 7 Device Manager when the RC is turned on.
Battery is fully charged.
Same USB port is used for both MC & RC

Any suggestions? I have read the other post regarding this problem and it looks like their problem was solved by installing the Windows drivers. I did install the drivers and they must be OK because the MC updated with no problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the Phantom 2 Assistant software and drivers to update the software and calibrate the P2V+ MC & RC that I just bought. The MC update went fine but the RC will not connect to the Assistant software. The Assistant doesn't show any indication of communications (the red and blue LED's) at all when the RC is connected.

I have tried these sequences to get it to connect:
1:
Connect RC to PC
Turn on RC
Start Assistant software

2:
Connect RC to PC
Start Assistant software
Turn on RC

The RC shows connection in Windows 7 Device Manager when the RC is turned on.
Battery is fully charged.
Same USB port is used for both MC & RC

Any suggestions? I have read the other post regarding this problem and it looks like their problem was solved by installing the Windows drivers. I did install the drivers and they must be OK because the MC updated with no problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What OS is it? I assume its windows 7.

<snip>The RC shows connection in Windows 7 Device Manager when the <Snip>

Is there a processor hardware reset button? There is a hole on the back of the RC with an "X" next to it. Is there a reset button in there?

Last edited:
Problem was with the new version 3.8 of Vision Assistant software. You cannot calibrate the controller using the USB port with v3.8. You have to download and install the old RC System Assistant v1.2 to calibrate the RC with a USB cable.

The technician at DJI said you could calibrate the RC with v3.8 but you have to connect the MC to your PC via the USB port with the RC on and connected to the MC as normal. Haven't tried that method yet as right now it was easier to just download v1.2 and it worked fine.

Loaded assistant 2 on another computer and this time it installed a drver, now it's working great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl