RC update

Exactly. There is no file stating success for an RC upgrade. If successful it will state the newest version under about. What some are talking about on here is the file you can check to see if success after quad upgrade. I had the message to upgrade after upgrade was done on RC a few times. Finally I deleted the app cache. Shut everything down. Rebooted in appropriate sequence with airplane mode initiated on tablet.....no more message to upgrade RC FW. Hope this helps.

Yep, chime in NotARubicon with your results, confused minds what to know.
:confused:

Under app settings in my tablet. Locate DJI Go app and clear cache then force stop. Exit and reboot everything in the recommended order. Although I always turn the RC on first which in turn auto initiates the DJI app. Then I turn on the quad. My logic is that the bird is putting out signal to the remote. Seems it best to have what's catching the signal ready for the signal then vice versa. Right or wrong it works for me flawless. Another side note. Before preparing for flight I always clear the app cache and force stop the DJI app. Seems to work better from a complete fresh start up. Good luck.

Apologies....no I don't run IOS. My explanation was for Android. I tried a Ipad Mini 4 and had not as good of luck as I do with my Asus Zenpad. Just so much more you can do with Android to optimize. Not to mention the Apple did not have a GPS chipset. My apologies again.

I have the same problem, but bird still flys the same. Some days it says update required sometimes it doesn't, only happened since the latest fw. All works ok regardless.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Same here, says update RC every time.. I ignore and bird flies just fine. I did a successful update when it first came out and assume it took...probably just a glitch but does not affect my flying.

I'm having this same issue. Really frustrating. It's only random. Seem to get a compass error also on the occasion when the firmware update comes up. And yes, it is the latest one already? I have tried doing the update even though it's the same version. Then it tells me to restart the rc. When I do, the update notice comes up again as I'd I didn't just do it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20