RC update

Reaction score
Got a rather odd problem. Switch on RC. ** It tells me it needs updating. So I go into update. Tells me its downloading. It also tells me Current Version is 1.5.80 Downloading 1.5.80 I update anyway. After 10 mins of bleeping/pipping it tells me update downloading. Updating. Tells me when its finished and asks me to restart RC.

I Restart RC.

A message appears saying RC needs updating. Go to start of this thread **. Been through the process 3 times now.

So if firmware/software version latest is 1.5.80 why does it need updating if its already installed?

I seem to be caught in a groundhog day loop. Any ideas?

me too your not alone we are entering the twilight zone

Can you guys fly or are you grounded?
Maybe reboot every thing (Steel Toe Boots)

Same here.. There are a few other threads about this so it seems to be a big issue.. You can work around it by turning on your hardware in this order:
RC
DJI App
Phantom

Turn everything on in that order you won't see the stupid warning.

Reactions: Frankc
Thanks for that. Will give it a try. I have OCD when it comes to things like this. I do not like the screen saying you need to update. Tried shouting at it "It is! updated you stupid ****** thing" that did not work so will now try re-booting in order. :)

Same here. Cleared app. Closed everything. Restarted beginning with RC then quad. All good.

What do you see after you've updated your r/c. After update is completed do you see a file update.pak.
?

Last edited:
No. Just the current FW version. And it doesn't say "Update available".

After update there should have been a file saying somthing like updat.pak wich needs to be deleted after update has been completed or you will keep getting the update message.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware. I didn't have to do this. My RC updated via wifi. Where do I locate this file? How would I go about this?

on the sd card. there will be a txt file that will have the words success, abort, current firmware is the same, failed or similar wording.

the dji go app will display current firmware under ABOUT in the menu

on the sd card. there will be a txt file that will have the words success, abort, current firmware is the same, failed or similar wording.

the dji go app will display current firmware under ABOUT in the menu

How/where do i find the SD card on my RC ?

Also, this whole thread is about people that already have the current firmware under ABOUT, yet continue to get a warning that an upgrade is required.

I have the same problem, but bird still flys the same. Some days it says update required sometimes it doesn't, only happened since the latest fw. All works ok regardless.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have updated my RC via the DJI app several times, and never has a file been displayed on the screen after the update.
I think there are some communication issues on this thread, I am sure they meant the files on the root of the SD card that has your picts & vids. I have a Std so I can't confirm anything.

I think there are some communication issues on this thread, I am sure they meant the files on the root of the SD card that has your picts & vids. I have a Std so I can't confirm anything.

yah. I dont think they read any of the posts and are just blindly copying and pasting stuff, as none of it applies to what we are saying/doing. The SD card is over in the bird, which is turned-off when upgrading the RC via the DJIGo App as being discussed here..

yah. I dont think they read any of the posts and are just blindly copying and pasting stuff, as none of it applies to what we are saying/doing. The SD card is over in the bird, which is turned-off when upgrading the RC via the DJIGo App as being discussed here..
Not sure if this will help, I'm getting confused myself between the threads, but hit this thread I posted in, then the link I posted in that thread.

P3S Firmware

Ether it will help or get you more confused.:confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj