RC Transmitter

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade the transmitter for my DJI Phanthom 2 vision plus v2.0. Any sugestions on what transmitter to but does not have to be DJI. Just looking for something good. something i canm just bind and use.

There's no 'bind and use' option other than the upgraded DJI offering (LiPo batt., gimbal tilt wheel, etc.).
This is because the control freq. is 5.8GHz which is atypical.

There's no 'bind and use' option other than the upgraded DJI offering (LiPo batt., gimbal tilt wheel, etc.).
This is because the control freq. is 5.8GHz which is atypical.
What would have to be chaned in the unit and is it hard to open up the unit to change it.

It's not practical.
But if that's not an issue for you you'll need to swap the Tx (controller) and the Rx in the quad as well as all the on-board video transmitting equipment.

The P2V+ video equipment is operating at 2.4GHz which is the control freq. for the overwhelming majority of other after-market control systems.

As a result the overwhelming majority of after-market video Tx/Rx equipment operates at 5.8GHz so basically you have to replace (swap freqs.) both the control and video radio equipment.

Instead of upgrading the Tx itself if it's range or distance you want to increase then look at the various antenna mod available to give you the best results with what you have. Keep in mind that it voids any warranty you have. I purchased a second identical RC and made the mods to it. Glad I did as I had to RMA my quad after an grade and they want the RC with it. Has to be unmodified for both to get the warranty.

The main reason was, I have a into car and instead of having to different transmitters I figured I could use just one for both.

Looking to upgrade the transmitter for my DJI Phanthom 2 vision plus v2.0. Any sugestions on what transmitter to but does not have to be DJI. Just looking for something good. something i can just bind and use.

This device will be on Kickstarter:

REDbirdAsController.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31