Rc transmitter loose joystick

Reaction score
Hi All

I've read this happening before but can't find it anywhere, so I thought I'd ask again.

My P3As remote controller right hand joystick is falling inside the transmitter shell. Pulling up on the joystick will clip it back in place, however it won't last long before its fallen through again.

It first did it the other day when coming in to land (land here mode). I tweaked the left and right position and it fell through, subsequently I lost control and the P3 clipped a fence, battery popped out and props damaged, footage lost completely :(.

Is there a quick fix? I'm competent in using tools etc. Or am I best of sending it back to dji?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There have been a couple of posts here where either the home button or one stick has come loose.
Its the screw post that seems to be the weak point.
Could be fixed with some strong epoxy.

Is there a quick fix? I'm competent in using tools etc.
You have two options. You can open your remote controller, see what is damaged, and determine if it's fixable. Or, contact DJI support and send your remote controller back to be repaired.

If you'd like to open your remote controller, watch this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
singer, thats a P2 transmitter and different from the P3.

You have to take off the piggy back board main cable and the back handgrips plus the 2 circular rubber numbers at base before opening up tx.

you can then open up tx and undo battery cable to have a look.

singer, thats a P2 transmitter and different from the P3.
It's actually a P3S remote controller. I thought I saw P3S for some reason :(

Thanks folks

I will look at the video and make a decision

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers