Rc signal lost problem

Reaction score
Hi, I'm struggling with n RC Signal Lost problem. I have the p3 standard and it's updated to v1.7..... something. I can fly it for about a 50m radius then it compeletly loses RC signal. I have read online that relinking the RC could solve the problem. I tried this but It didn't work. Next I tried downgrading the firmware but when I hold that "graduation hat" for a few seconds and it opens the page where it shows you the options of previous versions to download, it says in red letters that it is unable to find downgrade options. I've tried this on my iphone, ipad aswell as samsung tablet and they all say the same thing. What other options do I have ? Please help

Quote from earlier post:
I first downloaded the upgrades to the DJI Go app then connected to my drone and saw that I had lost my signal. Relinking did not fix it (did fix camera link but not controls as noted above).

I then went out of camera mode and back to the homepage on the DJI Go app. It appears I had to "continue" the upgrade of the new version by pressing upgrade firmware WHILE connected to the drone with the Phantom WiFi link.

This led to a 10-15 min transfer of info to the drone which appears to have restored my link completely.

I doesn't give me the option to continue. I received the drone with that version already installed. At first it was fine with no problems. One afternoon after I already had flewn it in the morning without problems, I flew it away 50m and it lost signal. Its been like that ever since, no crashes or anything

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you do this do you have option? : " that if you open up DJI Go App and hold down the grad hat academy button (upper right hand corner) for 5-10 seconds and release that the firmware download screen appears on the go app, After releasing, you can downgrade firmware or reinstall the firmware manually."

Try another location to see if problem is the same. Could be interference...

Yes I did try this, but this is what it shows me
0f3234afdb9ed2a498f125058779c94e.jpg

And I have tried it with android aswell

I have tried many locations aswell as a golfcourse and overhead of some crops, but it does the same everywhere. Maybe its a hardware problem like the receiver?

Interesting:
If your remote controller is out of it’s calibration thresholds, then you will have RC signal loss to your Phantom 3. Also if you Phantom 3 is flying erratically, then you should also calibrate the remote controller. This video will show you exactly how to calibrate your Phantom 3 remote controller.

I tried recalibrating it now and the problem still the same. Should i try this from the link you sent me ?
3b0910ff69bd2dfda06a0768ffcb8217.jpg

How new is the drone? Under warranty? Personally, I would try it myself. But it's up to you. If you do try it, do it to the letter of the directions.

Hi the drone is not under warranty anymore. I did manage te downgrade to 1.6 now, but the problem still there then i took it back so 1.7 again and still the same problem.

I can't tell you it would fix it, But it would be something I myself would try after trying everything else. People have posted that earlier firmware had no range issues.

Yes i used the steps shown on a picture i posted on this tread. It's reply no11. And you can dowbload the firmware from the link on reply no 14

Yes i used the steps shown on a picture i posted on this tread. It's reply no11. And you can dowbload the firmware from the link on reply no 14

Did the Log file on the SD Card Say Successful or that it Aborted because the version of firmware was unable to roll back? I've tried it several time and it takes just as long but the log file says it aborts because it being able to roll back.

Ill try again with some different versions and see what I come up with. I didnt put alot of effort into this. What I think happened with mine is that the Drone / battery and Camera Firmware updated, but the RC never got the update prompting the RC Signal Lost Issue. I Cant prove that but im pretty sure thats the issue. Wish there was a different manual way to ensure the RC has the update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj