RC signal lost after firmware update

Reaction score
I updated the firmware and now my controller won't connect to the drone. It says RC signal lost even though I still get current video feed. I have tried syncing the controller and drone, restarting, deleting and redownloading the app. How do I fix this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Sorry to say you won't. I been flying P1,2,3, and now 4. This won't be fix until they fix the upgrade problem. It also paralyzed my P4. Firmware 1.08.0080 is what caused it to have the RC signal lost and your bird will not start. As much as new updates show up i will never do it as long as my bird continue to fly period. It ruins the enjoyment of Drones when your bird becomes a trophy on your desk and you spend countless hours trying to get this fix.

Same is happening to me word for word this is total ******** . $1300 for a problem I did not need . I paid this money because I didn't want the problems

I'm joining your club. Updated today and now r/c won't connect to a/c. DJI chat and email are telling me things to "try" to fix this issue. Try my butt. It won't fly now due to an update I was asked to install. By the other posts in the forum, it's not just us guys, it's a bunch of them. Ok DJI,....your move.

I think I have this same problem where my drone is now "Disconnected" I can still fly but I have no video signal or info through the app... I have only flown this thing twice. So stupid! Ive been waiting in the DJI chat for 60 minutes now with still 2 people ahead of me.

I'm too chicken to fly this way. The r/c may link to the a/c for a minute or two, then lose it again. Don't want to be airborne when it happens. Just un boxed this thing today too. And then did something stupid and ran the update. I think DJI will need a blanket-fix update for this snafu.

Everybody waiting on DJI and Apple to fix this. My advice to DJI don't release the update until you check with Apple. I went to a public school system and not through Harvard.

I think I have this same problem where my drone is now "Disconnected" I can still fly but I have no video signal or info through the app... I have only flown this thing twice. So stupid! Ive been waiting in the DJI chat for 60 minutes now with still 2 people ahead of me.
Let us know if you get any positive results on chat. I'm still waiting for my email answer from them on their suggestions that didn't work. Will advise also if any positive results fix my bird.

Let us know if you get any positive results on chat. I'm still waiting for my email answer from them on their suggestions that didn't work. Will advise also if any positive results fix my bird.

Absolutely nothing from the chat... In fact, I think I'm worse off than I was. After another hour of working with their God awful and slow support I was prompted to just call the American support line. So not I have to wait till 8am PST to hopefully get some help. I really hope I don't now have a dead fish out of water. I'd be livid.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gents, I solved my issue... it was because controller wasn't updated... I updated the aircraft but I wasn't prompted to update the controller... I guess if you update the aircraft to 1.8, the controller won't connect properly unless it's updated to 1.6... I tried again to troubleshoot the next morning and as soon as I powered everything on, I got the controller update prompt on the Go app... updated it and it worked instantly... hopefully that'll solve your issue too...

Gents, I solved my issue... it was because controller wasn't updated... I updated the aircraft but I wasn't prompted to update the controller... I guess if you update the aircraft to 1.8, the controller won't connect properly unless it's updated to 1.6... I tried again to troubleshoot the next morning and as soon as I powered everything on, I got the controller update prompt on the Go app... updated it and it worked instantly... hopefully that'll solve your issue too...
I would love it if that controller update showed up in my Go app. But no joy so far. Hopefully DJI will issue those fixes soon and post the update. Thanks for the glimmer of hope.

FIXED, the ribbon cable going in to the USB board on the RC was not locked in place and slipped out FACEPALM

Wow, how'd you find that? My r/c will link to the a/c ok, but if I turn on and connect the Goapp it loses r/c connection. All opinions point to a r/c firmware error and it's not playing nice with the new app update. (That supposedly updated everything at once.). Well, it screwed the pooch all at once. Good to hear you are airworthy again.

FIXED, the ribbon cable going in to the USB board on the RC was not locked in place and slipped out FACEPALM
Which cable is that? Is the mini usb socket to charge the rc? And if it is that how can it slipped out? So strange

SM-T710 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Which cable is that? Is the mini usb socket to charge the rc? And if it is that how can it slipped out? So strange

SM-T710 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
It was the wide ribbon cable you have to unplug when you take the little back cover of the RC off. I replaced my antennas and I forgot to clamp it down when putting it back together.

I Succeeded updating remote for p3p... this is the advice i got from DJI... i think MAYBE the part that made the difference was to MOVE THE JOYSTICK.

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling, then connect the mobile device to the remote controller via the USB cable. Then go into camera view of the app and move the joysticks and it should advise you to update the firmware on the remote. Also check what version is on the remote control because if it is less than 1.3.2 you cannot update via the app. You can check the About section of the DJI go app to view what your version is. Go to the last icon on the top at the right ( 3 dots), then scroll down to About. Here is a link on other options to updating the remote;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31