RC rapid beeping when motors start

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help. Just picked up my Phantom 4 a couple of weeks ago and did the firmware update successfully (aircraft and RC). My first two flights were great. They were flawless with soft landings. Then it sat for a couple of weeks while I flew my Inspires and P3P. Today I charged up the battery and did an IMU calibration successfully then wanted to check the motors without the propellers attached. When I started the motors the RC started beeping rapidly and would not stop until I turned off the motors. There are no warnings anywhere in the go app and all lights on the aircraft and RC are normal. The status screen in the go app show everything is normal. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

My flight battery was at 100% and the RC had all four lights, I also did a stick calibration successfully.

Update: I also posted on the DJI Forum and got the solution that I would like to share. I did not know this but if the obstacle avoidance radar is showing on screen that you are to close to something, the rapid beeping is just an alarm when you start the motors. I was in my house when I was trying to test the motors. I took the P4 outside with the propellers on and had a great 22 minute flight! I hope this helps you all out in future.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1