RC randomly takes many attempts to connect?

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have an issue of the RC not connecting to the craft, requiring many power cycles of both the RC and craft to finally get a connection? This happens randomly. I can go for days without an issue, then suddenly it takes 10 power cycles to connect... then it's fine again.

Anyone else ever have an issue of the RC not connecting to the craft, requiring many power cycles of both the RC and craft to finally get a connection? This happens randomly. I can go for days without an issue, then suddenly it takes 10 power cycles to connect... then it's fine again.
Hi yeh strange ay my p34k does this all the time,,turn on no cam veiw,,turn off retry,,takes few goes for cam to start working,,,,very anoying i know,,,hardly look at it now days just fly p4 now ,,had enough of stupid little faults:)

Have you tried:
Turn on RC
Turn on AC
Wait until the two are connected, then plug the cable into your device and open the app?
Works every time for me.

Have you tried:
Turn on RC
Turn on AC
Wait until the two are connected, then plug the cable into your device and open the app?
Works every time for me.

Will try that. The issue is that when I turn on the RC, then turn on the AC, they never connect. But I do always turn them both on with the phone plugged in. I guess I'll try without it plugged in.

Will try that. The issue is that when I turn on the RC, then turn on the AC, they never connect. But I do always turn them both on with the phone plugged in. I guess I'll try without it plugged in.
Unusual as the connection is necessary to ensure they are linked ( the green light on the controller indicates this). Give it a try, I got that tip from one of the gurus on this site and it has worked ever since.

Just to be clear is the communications problem between the RC and drone or between the RC and phone/tablet? As mentioned by another the connection between the RC and drone is displayed by the green LED on the RC that's just to the left of the four battery status LED's. If the LED is green that indicates the RC and drone are communicating and you can verify that by powering up the motors (without props). If, OTH, the comm problem is between the RC and phone/tablet that's a completely different issue but a common one.

I have had the second problem with connecting my Samsung S2 tablet to the RC and the indication of the problem is that I only get the "Enter Device" button and not the "Go Fly" button. If this is the problem you're having the only thing that works 100% of the time is to have the tablet powered off, not sleeping but off, and then power up the drone and RC making sure that the green LED on the RC comes on indicating the RC and drone are communicating. Then, power up the tablet or if the tablet was on do a power reset -- once the tablet comes back up the "Go Fly" button should now be available and you're good to go.

Brian

Reactions: DanMan32
That's what I usually have to do with my Tab E.
Not as successful is to powercycle the RC while in the home screen of the Go app. Granted I am using Go 3 with a P3A but situation likely similar with Go4.

Just got an update on my case with DJI, will have to send it in for repair, apparently it's a known problem, they would not say if it's HW or SW.

Reactions: AyeYo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik