RC light blinking Red while charging

Reaction score
Which I first begin to charge my P3S, the red light stays on solid for about 5 seconds and then turns to a fast blinking red. The battery does charge. Prior to this, it would be solid red while charging and then turn to green when fully charged. Any idea what this fast blinking red light indicates?

Hum, Are you charging the remote control powered on or off?
Check the manual I have done it both ways.

I'm charging with the power off. No matter how long I keep it plugged in, only 3 of 4 lights light up when I first fly as if it's only 75% charged.

How long have you had your Phantom (remote)? I thought because of your post only being 4 you just got it.

I'm charging with the power off. No matter how long I keep it plugged in, only 3 of 4 lights light up when I first fly as if it's only 75% charged.
Mine will do the same if I try to charge it (the RC) by plugging it into a wall charger (the one I use to charge my phone). If I plug it into the USB port on my computer to charge it, the light stays solid red until it's charged, then turns solid green. With the wall charger, I get 3/4 lights, with the computer charging it, I get 4/4 green lights. I think the wall charger allows too much current and it "thinks" it's fully charged when it's not. Bottom line = plug the RC into your computer, not the wall.

Mine will do the same if I try to charge it (the RC) by plugging it into a wall charger (the one I use to charge my phone). If I plug it into the USB port on my computer to charge it, the light stays solid red until it's charged, then turns solid green. With the wall charger, I get 3/4 lights, with the computer charging it, I get 4/4 green lights. I think the wall charger allows too much current and it "thinks" it's fully charged when it's not. Bottom line = plug the RC into your computer, not the wall.
Plugging it into my computer appeared to do the trick! Thanks

I was wondering if you had tried another charger, I was thinking if you had used it a lot you probable had charged it different ways. That is really interesting that it charges but never finishes.
I remember this on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic