Rc FW upgrade, what's next

Reaction score
Hi guys

I finally got to upgrade my Transmitter FW trough the newly released MAC OS RC app as I was getting communication issues with my PV2.
At the end of my upgrade, I re calibrated my RC trough the app in which you should move the control sticks forward/backward and sideways several times and hit done.
Now I'm ready to fly but as I went through the routine where one join the sticks together to initiate the motors, nothing happened, just flashed red once for a second every time I hit the sticks.
Now I wonder if I have to run a full cal of my RC trough the PV2 Assistant software in order to reconnect the transmitter or what?
The instructions are not clear about the procedure.
Any ideas?

Thank you,

Fernando

Plug the aircraft into the Vision Assistant with the transmitter on and bound to the aircraft and run a tx stick calibration from within the Vision Assistant. That should sort it out with a bit of luck.

(The Vision Assistant calibration actually calibrates the receiver by effectively telling it what to treat as zero when the sticks are centred, even if the tx is sending 1 (or whatever). The RC Assistant calibration is usually only required if a Vision Assistant calibration doesn't work.).

Pull_Up said:
Plug the aircraft into the Vision Assistant with the transmitter on and bound to the aircraft and run a tx stick calibration from within the Vision Assistant. That should sort it out with a bit of luck.

(The Vision Assistant calibration actually calibrates the receiver by effectively telling it what to treat as zero when the sticks are centred, even if the tx is sending 1 (or whatever). The RC Assistant calibration is usually only required if a Vision Assistant calibration doesn't work.).

Oh, Tank you again

I'll give this a try as soon as I get home this evening...I was so excited today because was the first time I have everything up to date (FW wise since I bought my PV2).... Just enjoying the sun today...Things always happens!

Fernando

Hi Pull_Up,

Newbie here - just now getting ready to to do the upgrade for my P2V with the new Mac FW. Could you please explain what you mean by plugging the aircraft into the VA "with the tx on & bound to the aircraft?" Do I need to plug cable into the transmitter, or just to the craft? Sounds like I also need to wiggle the sticks when doing the calibration? Bad weather is finally gone here in north New Zealand and I can't wait to get back in the air. Thank-you very much!

Hi PullUp

Here I am with my PV connected to my iMac through the usb cable; I´ve done your recommended procedure calibrating the sticks but after a power cycle of both (aircraft and TX) the motors won´t turn on although I can see the sticks when moving them within the app and everything seems to be working but the motors still won´t run.

any ideas?

Thank you,

Fernando

NO... Just there is a flash of red light through the rear leds.
I´m opening the RC control again to see if I can calibrate from there using the App

Thanks for your interest

Fernando

Hummm!

Nothing...I Have the same problem as before; I´ve done everything that occurred to me as well as posting an email to DJI, which I´m pretty sure they won´t answer.
Off the air for the time being my friends!

Fernando

Thank's PullUp, you are very kind

Every time I put together the sticks in the lower position as when you're starting the motors, there is just one red flash in the rear leds, which indicates me that the PV is receiving my transmitter, also as soon as I turn on the transmitter the orange leds change from rapid flashing to slow.
There was a sign just before I upgraded my transmitter, warning me that I should have (I don't remember this former version of the FW the sign said) I upgraded anyway as I didn't have any choice of doing so rather than canceling.
Have I bricked the TX?

Thanks again PU

Fernando

Hi PullUp

I just tried to pair the transmitter and the aircraft as you suggested, but inspite of doing the routine well, the motors won´t initiate. Is clear that the Radio feels the signal, as every time I join the sticks to the centre the red led flashes indicating some sort of an error I presume!

Fernando on despair!

ferbis said:
Hi PullUp

I just tried to pair the transmitter and the aircraft as you suggested, but inspite of doing the routine well, the motors won´t initiate. Is clear that the Radio feels the signal, as every time I join the sticks to the centre the red led flashes indicating some sort of an error I presume!

Fernando on despair!

Wow!

After several days of despair and enquiring I did a primary procedure: change the battery, and so it worked!!!, the former battery was 100% charged also, so all this problem was just that, I can't believe it. I cleaned the contact points wit a Q tip and contact cleaner liquid prior to my problem which consisted in no starting the motors but every thing else seem to be fine.
Please Pulp, if you know the address of the shop who sells the modified contact pins, I'll be galdo to contact them.

Thanks again,

Fernando

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers