RC Firmware upgrade fail

Reaction score
Having recently upgraded my P3 advanced to the latest Firmware_v1.3.20_en I tried to upgrade the rc using the usb but to no avail. I have since inadvertently upgraded to the latest DJIGo app on my Ipad and now I have a message which states rc upgrade required. I have again tried to update with the usb as the app says I can't do it through the app but still it won't update. Don't want to fly it until the rc is updated. Any ideas?

Mine never works with the card in the USB slot. I plug the tx into the mini USB slot on the camera gimbal. You might give that a whirl!

Welcome to the forum!

Do all the normal checks first.. Re-download the bin file to be sure of no errors.
Format your flash drive to FAT32.
Install the bin file ONLY on the flash drive.
Make sure the controller is off when inserting the flash, then turn on. Sometimes it may take 10 seconds or so to start the flash

Having recently upgraded my P3 advanced to the latest Firmware_v1.3.20_en I tried to upgrade the rc using the usb but to no avail. I have since inadvertently upgraded to the latest DJIGo app on my Ipad and now I have a message which states rc upgrade required. I have again tried to update with the usb as the app says I can't do it through the app but still it won't update. Don't want to fly it until the rc is updated. Any ideas?
I have sorted out the problem. For some reason the rc doesn't like the SD card reader?? I downloaded the firmaware onto a USB stick, inserted in the rc and hey presto!! Thought it maybe useful if anyone else has rc firmware update issues.

happy flying!!

The GO app indicates that I need to upgrade firmware so I downloaded the latest file version date 8-4 and attempted the upgrade. The upgrade terminated with a message in the .txt file saying that the version being installed is the same or older than the one already installed. That should not be the case if the current version was just released on 8-4 since my P3 has been on the shelf for a month.

I’m not familiar enough with reading the log file to know what it’s telling me with any confidence. Does the attached file indicate that the P3 already has the most current firmware? And, how might I tell that in the future?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 407

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers