RC Firmware Update Fail

Reaction score
Guys,

I received my P3P this past Wednesday (previously owned a P2V+). I downloaded the firmware from the DJI site and loaded it to the microSD. The Phantom loaded fine...the RC not so much.

I have tried tethering the remote to the Phantom, I have tried the microSD in a card reader, and I have tried to download the zip file to a flash drive. None of these seem to work properly.

When I attempt to fly, it flashes a warning that there is a firmware update for a couple of seconds then says ready to fly. I flew it earlier today without incident (but I am uneasy about the warning). Any assistance any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Just updated P3P firmware today; friend's copter; version 1.2.6. The RC did not need updating, only camera and P3P. When update to P3P took over an hour I contact DJI via Chat. Rep told me to power down. Txt file, on SD card, said upgrading. The rep was confused. I deleted the SD card and reinstalled the firmware to the root directory of the SD card. Plugged the card back into the P3P and powered on. Update finished in 5 minutes. I'm not sure what held it up. I check the txt file on the SD card and it said success.

just wanted to mention an issue I encountered.

DJI support and development has confirmed that a USB upgrade of the firmware does not work on GL300B remotes. Look on the back of your RC...you have either a GL300A or GL300B. If it's the B model, you cannot update the firmware on your controller via USB. They've said they are aware and expect a fix in the next release.

It's important to note...they also state that there are NO critical RC firmware problems you will experience without successfully updating your RC. It's perfectly safe to ignore the "RC Needs Update" error and fly, provided your aircrafts firmware update was successful.

Note: The above answer only relates to the GL300B RC model...if you have the A model, you should get a successful RC upgrade via USB.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj