RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

There was actually antivirus software out for the first iphone before there was a virus ever reported. Gotta remember... people NEED something to be afraid of! And yes, I know they have virus'. I was just poking fun at crapple

Oh, the crAppie gadget faithful...the iSheep followers of the iReligion. I poke fun at them on a regular basis...but typically in Engadget blogs. :-D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439524950.553972.jpg

Reactions: downshift
Talk about confusing!! So again we have two different version apps, and at least until this iOS update we have two different transmitter versions. WTH DJI!!!

Channel hack? Please, do tell. At the same time, as mentioned by III% Streve,
who appears to have performed the hack you mentioned, after performing the hack, the app (assuming he's referring to the DJI Go app) will no longer allow him to update the firmware. This sounds similar to those who root their Android tablets, and then, after rooting, they are unable to receive any further firmware (ie. OS) updates. If this is the case, then this channel hack you mention is not something I'd want, nor should anyone else be interested in t.

This is what i'm talking about to unlock the original 32 channels for the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. And it's not the same as rooting a device.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ive downloaded the latest iOS app but have not been asked to update the RC. Its still on 1.3.2

Is 1.4 only needed on Android?

Ive downloaded the latest iOS app but have not been asked to update the RC. Its still on 1.3.2

Is 1.4 only needed on Android?
Probably. If everything is working, I'd say let it settle in. I'm on Android, and it was kind-of goofy, with two updates in a couple of days. The 1.4 for the RC appeared after the GO 2.0.0 updated to 2.0.1 from the Google Play Store. I didn't see any differences. They were probably small bug fixes.

But I do notice today that DJI is showing the GO app at 2.1.0 as current for Apple products.

This is what i'm talking about to unlock the original 32 channels for the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. And it's not the same as rooting a device.

Thank you for the info. I've gone ahead and "installed" the config file on the Asus ZenPad S 8.0 (but am leaving the Nexus 7 LTE). I do see the 32 available channels when selecting "Custom" (and, as mentioned, it defaults back to channels 13-20 when selecting "Auto"), so I'll give it a whirl fly I fly. At the same time, I'll keep the app on the N7 tablet unaltered, at least until the next firmware and/or app update. At that point, I'll find out whether the updates affect the "altered" version on the ZenPad.

It's gone today. It was there yesterday, but I desided to wait a couple of days before upgrade. Seems like they pulled it back.

Just plugged it in and no firmware update.

Someone mentioned that you can see the battery firmware version, where is this ?

The GO app indicates that I need to update firmware, so I downloaded the latest posted file version dated 8/4 and attempted the upgrade. The .txt file after indicates that the version being applied is either the same as or older than the version already installed. I can't tell from the .log file if that's true or not. Can someone who knows how to real the log file tell me what the most current TW is from DJI and if the log shows it's already installed.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 284
Technical support have told me the 1.4.0.1 update is only for Remote Controllers with 'A' in the part number.
I wonder why its only for the "A" RC? Any idea? Interesting enough, I have the "A" version and installed the brand new HDMI Output module and it doesn't work. After fighting with it for a couple of days, I put the old board back in and plan on sending the HDMI module back since it isn't working.

Interesting enough, I have the "A" version and installed the brand new HDMI Output module and it doesn't work. After fighting with it for a couple of days, I put the old board back in and plan on sending the HDMI module back since it isn't working.

Did you remember to activate the HDMI board's ability to output video through the HDMI port, via the DJI Go app? There's an HDMI setting within the app (actually, there's two settings, but the second is related to whether or not telemetry data is shown through HDMI), and if it's not switched to the "on" position, no video will show through the HDMI port.

Did you remember to activate the HDMI board's ability to output video through the HDMI port, via the DJI Go app? There's an HDMI setting within the app (actually, there's two settings, but the second is related to whether or not telemetry data is shown through HDMI), and if it's not switched to the "on" position, no video will show through the HDMI port.
That's just it, my app doesn't give me any option to activate the HDMI setting. From what I understand, once you install the board, the software should detect it and give you the option to activate HDMI or dual output. My software doesn't give me this option, so I can only assume my board is bad. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, checking all cables and everything but it simply doesn't give me any HDMI options and doesn't work. Bummer

That's just it, my app doesn't give me any option to activate the HDMI setting. From what I understand, once you install the board, the software should detect it and give you the option to activate HDMI or dual output. My software doesn't give me this option, so I can only assume my board is bad. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, checking all cables and everything but it simply doesn't give me any HDMI options and doesn't work. Bummer

Does that include uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers