RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

Channel hack? Please, do tell. At the same time, as mentioned by III% Streve,
who appears to have performed the hack you mentioned, after performing the hack, the app (assuming he's referring to the DJI Go app) will no longer allow him to update the firmware. This sounds similar to those who root their Android tablets, and then, after rooting, they are unable to receive any further firmware (ie. OS) updates. If this is the case, then this channel hack you mention is not something I'd want, nor should anyone else be interested in t.
not true.. I have the hack and still able to update the RC firmware to 1.4.01 - hope it still works with litchi

I did the channel hack on all of my devices.. When connected to the iPad there were no mentions of any updates. But now, connected to my Galaxy S6 its downloading the controller update ad complaining about the battery not being updated. Its still currently downloading, but its strange that the battery firmware update didnt pop up on the iPad though?!

not true.. I have the hack and still able to update the RC firmware to 1.4.01 - hope it still works with litchi
I think that was more of an assumption because I wasn't getting a prompt to update. Not a statement of fact

mine has the prompt to update as well to 1.4.0.1 -- I'm currently on the newest beta SDK firmware 1.04.0.1 -- but on that firmware, the remote was not updated - only the bird. the remote stayed at 1.3.20 - I'm afraid to mess up my litchi compatibility
Mine updated so I'll test litchi after a battery charges.

I just now saw this or I would have had this info sooner for you guys about the firmware. Btw, this is beta firmware for the SDK interface. If you like being given this type of info select Like on bottom right of post.

Release Date: 2015.08.10

Overview:
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Advance version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional version updated to:V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Inspire 1 version updated to:V01.04.00.01

Enhancement:
1.Added option for failsafe action while the aircraft is in Waypoint mode.
2.Enable emergency stop interface for Onboard SDK.
3.Added Point of Interest orientation mode on protocol level.
4.Modified the limit value for follow slop and max velocity attribute.
5.Added altitude tracking for Follow mode.
6.Modified push data operation in Follow mode.

Bug Fixes:
1.Fixed the issue of flight altitude restriction is by-passed when pushing the throttle up to elevate the aircraft during failsafe.
2.Fixed the issue of motor drive issue for the gimbal.
3.Fixed the issue of motor power display error.
4.Fixed the issue of Joystick API that may lead to crashing.
5.Fixed the issue of aircraft unable to resume from pausing in Follow mode.
6.Fixed the issue of aircraft does not enter failsafe during low battery when using a non-intelligent flight battery.
7.Fixed the incorrect yawing orientation issue.
8.Fixed the issue of aircraft can take off even with the GPS is unplugged from the center board.
9.Fixed the issue of aircraft does not fly in a straight line while operating in the Course Lock mode.

Gimbal:
Code optimization and fixed various bugs.....

*There is a possibility you may not be able to load regular firmware back if adding the above mentioned firmware. Investigating now.

Last edited:
Looks like several fixes to nullify some of the actions people are taking to over ride safety features.

I just now saw this or I would have had this info sooner for you guys about the firmware. Btw, this is beta firmware for the SDK interface. If you like being given this type of info select Like on bottom right of post.

Release Date: 2015.08.10

Overview:
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Advance version updated to: V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Phantom 3 Professional version updated to:V01.04.0001
Beta Firmware for Inspire 1 version updated to:V01.04.00.01

Enhancement:
1.Added option for failsafe action while the aircraft is in Waypoint mode.
2.Enable emergency stop interface for Onboard SDK.
3.Added Point of Interest orientation mode on protocol level.
4.Modified the limit value for follow slop and max velocity attribute.
5.Added altitude tracking for Follow mode.
6.Modified push data operation in Follow mode.

Bug Fixes:
1.Fixed the issue of flight altitude restriction is by-passed when pushing the throttle up to elevate the aircraft during failsafe.
2.Fixed the issue of motor drive issue for the gimbal.
3.Fixed the issue of motor power display error.
4.Fixed the issue of Joystick API that may lead to crashing.
5.Fixed the issue of aircraft unable to resume from pausing in Follow mode.
6.Fixed the issue of aircraft does not enter failsafe during low battery when using a non-intelligent flight battery.
7.Fixed the incorrect yawing orientation issue.
8.Fixed the issue of aircraft can take off even with the GPS is unplugged from the center board.
9.Fixed the issue of aircraft does not fly in a straight line while operating in the Course Lock mode.

Gimbal:
Code optimization and fixed various bugs.....

*There is a possibility you may not be able to load regular firmware back if adding the above mentioned firmware. Investigating now.

Very interesting.. the beta firmware they are letting the beta testers test is now the same as the beta SDK firmware on the dev site! nice...

Still no update prompt on the iPad, and it says all firmware is up to date. But I know the battery is NOT.

Seems the Android GO app is yet again giving more features and more info to the pilot. Not sure if its the newer 2.0.1 app or what.

As to the above statement it is best to check with the developer of the app you are going to use.

I know they are suppose to use a different firmware when using the SDK apps. I have heard though that some have no issues flying without the firmware for SDK apps.

Now that was easy!
No more 200 long threads on help I messed up my firmware upgrade or how do I do it? :)
N7 II

Funny right after and I mean right after the DJI Upgrade the Nexus wanted to get upgraded...
Something about that Virus effecting Android fix. ( Open door for IOS Comments now :) )
All looks good this end.

Now that was easy!
No more 200 long threads on help I messed up my firmware upgrade or how do I do it? :)
N7 II

Funny right after and I mean right after the DJI Upgrade the Nexus wanted to get upgraded...
Something about that Virus effecting Android fix. ( Open door for IOS Comments now :) )
All looks good this end.
iOs doesnt have viruses because there are 1/8 the apps out there to be infected.

Very interesting.. the beta firmware they are letting the beta testers test is now the same as the beta SDK firmware on the dev site! nice...

There is no beta testers in any groups that I'm apart of that is testing SDK firmware of any kind that I'm aware of. It sure doesn't take much for someone to read bits & pieces and spread bad info.

Why not contribute positive responses?

This sounds pretty obvious. There's a new GO app for android (2.0.1) that most like addressed some minor issue with 2.0. And I would imagine a new app update is now necessary for every firmware update since it comes from the app. Sounds like only android users who have upgraded to GO app v2.0.1 have been given the message to update their RC firmware. Correct?

Sounds like only android users who have upgraded to GO app v2.0.1 have been given the message to update their RC firmware. Correct?
Yes.. It appears so. And only the Android 2.0.1 version are giving feedback as to the firmware status of the P3 and battery as well

I got the message telling me that I needed updates to the A/C and controller so downloaded a file dated 8-4-2015 which seems to be the latest and tried to update the A/C. The update failed with a message saying the version on the card was the same as, or older than the version already on the A/C. Not sure what to make of it.

iOs doesnt have viruses because there are 1/8 the apps out there to be infected.

Oh, how unfortunate you are, as you don't realize that there ARE viruses out there that attack/effect iOS. In short, I'll put it this way - if there were no iOS viruses, there wouldn't be any anti-virus software for iOS...but there IS anti-virus software for iOS.

Oh, how unfortunate you are, as you don't realize that there ARE viruses out there that attack/effect iOS. In short, I'll put it this way - if there were no iOS viruses, there wouldn't be any anti-virus software for iOS...but there IS anti-virus software for iOS.
There was actually antivirus software out for the first iphone before there was a virus ever reported. Gotta remember... people NEED something to be afraid of! And yes, I know they have virus'. I was just poking fun at crapple

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub