RC Firmware 1.4.0.1?

Has anyone else out there received an "install update" notification to install FW v1.4.0.1 (or anything after 1.3.2)? If so, can you please confirm whether, or not, it is a transmitter-only firmware release? I, as with a lot of other people reading this thread, am somewhat confused. Any/All help is appreciated.
Yes, when I switched on my RC this morning a message came up across the top of the DJI GO app indicating that a FW update was required. This is being pushed wirelessly via the app.

Updated tx via USB to 1.3 the other day. Got another tx firmware update on go app just now.

Looking update too..

Attachments

• 1439490104179.jpg
    1439490104179.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 475
It's just for the rx. So....this must mean the controller and app firmware update is right around the corner with follow me, way points, etc.. yay!!!

I did the same thing and tried to do the update with a usb and after it wouldn't start the updating, I re-read the written directions that I got when I goggled it. It said I had to hook up with the iPad and the site did the rest of it.
Works great, no problems with 3- 15 min. flights. I did lose the gps signals for some reason and had to switch to alti mode and turn it around and fly back over a large pond and land on a park bench. I didn't like that. Made my butt pucker when I switched to alti mode it started going up and down about a foot in all. When I saw that it had 17 hookups I took off again and no more problems. I think some trees that were in front of me was the problem until I moved out to a open area.

I just checked for this (supposed) v1.4.0.1 firmware update, using both the Nexus 7 LTE, and Asus ZenPad S 8.0, but, before I get into what I found, something else of interest happened. Prior to updating the app on both tablets, from DJI Pilot v1.20 to DJI Go v 2.0.0, I updated the firmware on the P3P, transmitter, and all three batteries, from FW v1.2.6 to FW v1.3.20...and, yes, i double-checked the success of the updates, via the .txt file created upon completion/failure of the firmware updates, just to be sure. Just now, while checking the update availability of the firmware through the transmitter, it told me that the current version was (still) 1.2.6, to which it updated (again???) the firmware to version 1.3.20. After completion, I shut down the transmitter, as instructed, but, before starting it back up again, I went to the Google Play Store, only to discover DJI Go already has an update, from v2.0.0 to v2.0.1, which I'm currently updating on both tablets.

Moving forward...after updating the app on the ZenPad S, followed by restarting the transmitter, and checking a second time, it turns out that, as reported, there IS a transmitter-only firmware update, to (again, as previously mentioned) v1.4.0.1...as soon as the transmitter is updated with the newest firmware, I'll check to see if there are any new features/functions, and, if there are, I'll report back.

I just checked for this (supposed) v1.4.0.1 firmware update, using both the Nexus 7 LTE, and Asus ZenPad S 8.0, but, before I get into what I found, something else of interest happened. Prior to updating the app on both tablets, from DJI Pilot v1.20 to DJI Go v 2.0.0, I updated the firmware on the P3P, transmitter, and all three batteries, from FW v1.2.6 to FW v1.3.20...and, yes, i double-checked the success of the updates, via the .txt file created upon completion/failure of the firmware updates, just to be sure. Just now, while checking the update availability of the firmware through the transmitter, it told me that the current version was (still) 1.2.6, to which it updated (again???) the firmware to version 1.3.20. After completion, I shut down the transmitter, as instructed, but, before starting it back up again, I went to the Google Play Store, only to discover DJI Go already has an update, from v2.0.0 to v2.0.1, which I'm currently updating on both tablets.

Moving forward...after updating the app on the ZenPad S, followed by restarting the transmitter, and checking a second time, it turns out that, as reported, there IS a transmitter-only firmware update, to (again, as previously mentioned) v1.4.0.1...as soon as the transmitter is updated with the newest firmware, I'll check to see if there are any new features/functions, and, if there are, I'll report back.
Panther6824 please do sir. I'm at work and dying to know lol.

Let us know if the 1.4 firmware affects the full 32 channel enable mod

Let us know if the 1.4 firmware affects the full 32 channel enable mod
Panther6834 please do sir. I'm at work and dying to know lol.

After checking through every setting in the app, I'm not entirely certain any new options were made available (f anyone has discovered anything new, please, please, please, post it here). This means that, in regards to the available channels (as asked by BenDronePilot), it's still only channels 13-20.

Speaking of new features/options, something of particular interest is the fact that, using IOC, the POI option still isn't available. You can lock the drone into a straight flight path, and then rotate the P3, while still flying in the same direction, but the ability to...say...circle an "object", keeping the "object" fairly centered, still can't be done. I know that the POI option has been part of the beta app/firmware for a little while now (video of this actually working has been posted by a few testers, via YouTube), but when is DJI going to give 'the masses' the ability to use it?

After checking through every setting in the app, I'm not entirely certain any new options were made available (f anyone has discovered anything new, please, please, please, post it here). This means that, in regards to the available channels (as asked by BenDronePilot), it's still only channels 13-20.

Speaking of new features/options, something of particular interest is the fact that, using IOC, the POI option still isn't available. You can lock the drone into a straight flight path, and then rotate the P3, while still flying in the same direction, but the ability to...say...circle an "object", keeping the "object" fairly centered, still can't be done. I know that the POI option has been part of the beta app/firmware for a little while now (video of this actually working has been posted by a few testers, via YouTube), but when is DJI going to give 'the masses' the ability to use it?
Still no follow, poi, way points yet? Dang it.

What is this straight path your talking about?

Yes by default the app is 13-20 but with the channel hack it opens up the full 32. I don't know if you did the channel hack or not. If not try it out and see if it works on the current firmware you put on your rc.

I have done the channel hack.. was going to allow the update, but its not popping up on mine?! Strangeness!

Hope I'm not repeating. Please excuse me if so. I've tried to read though most of these posts.

Yes! There is another RC update not listed on the DJI website.

The Android GO app on the Google Play store is a version ahead of the version on the DJI website (which is a first!). It's at 2.0.1. You can load it over the 2.0.0 on your Android device.

It will then alert you that the firmware on your RC should be updated. This new version is also not listed on the DJI website.

I had a bunch of good flights after doing all this. Everything seems fine.

Just guessing -- maybe this is a symptom of the A vs. the B controller? I have the A.

OK.. So why is there an update for some and not me? Ive rebooted several times. Started in different sequences.. and nothing. Im on an A model as well

OK.. So why is there an update for some and not me? Ive rebooted several times. Started in different sequences.. and nothing. Im on an A model as well
I'm guessing that it perceives you already have what you need. It's all been somewhat goofy. Everything flew fine with the GO 2.0.0 and the RC firmware that's on the DJI website.

I happened to notice the 2.0.1 on the Google Play store, so I updated it. And that triggered the second RC firmware update.

I'm not an DJI expert or an insider, but I do have a long history with IT. It will probably all even out as they push the correct versions to all the right places. The differences are most-likely so subtle as to not matter, maybe even being country-or-location specific. If your bird is flying well, and if you've got the GO 2.0.1 and the August firmware, you're probably OK.

This is common activity at this time. It depends whether you start the a/c before the app.

Yes by default the app is 13-20 but with the channel hack it opens up the full 32. I don't know if you did the channel hack or not. If not try it out and see if it works on the current firmware you put on your rc.

Channel hack? Please, do tell. At the same time, as mentioned by
III% Streve,
who appears to have performed the hack you mentioned, after performing the hack, the app (assuming he's referring to the DJI Go app) will no longer allow him to update the firmware. This sounds similar to those who root their Android tablets, and then, after rooting, they are unable to receive any further firmware (ie. OS) updates. If this is the case, then this channel hack you mention is not something I'd want, nor should anyone else be interested in t.

OK.. The controller update is only hitting when its connected to an Android device. More to come...

mine has the prompt to update as well to 1.4.0.1 -- I'm currently on the newest beta SDK firmware 1.04.0.1 -- but on that firmware, the remote was not updated - only the bird. the remote stayed at 1.3.20 - I'm afraid to mess up my litchi compatibility

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31