Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

RC Controller vs Phantom 2 vision+ and phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by airdrone, Aug 15, 2014.

1. airdrone

What is the best of the 5.8 GHz Remote Controll and 2.4GHz Remote Controll?
    Why not use the 5.8GHz that video link?

2. QYV

QYV

The Vision models use wifi for FPV and all that. Wifi runs in the 2.4Ghz band so the Vision's RC controls operate in the 5.8Ghz band

The NON-Vision Phantoms are the opposite... their RC's run in the 2.4Ghz band so we can't use the wifi on a gopro or any other device in the 2.4ghz band because that will conflict with the RC... that's why on non-Vision Phantom those of us that add FPV do so with 5.8Ghz devices

can't speak about aftermarket controllers sorry, I'm just using stock controller

3. sidebox

There really aren't any 5.8 controllers that I know of out there. You need a 5.8 for the visions. I did some searching and all TX appear to be 2.4, which should work just fine for the non-vision. Oh... he beat me to it... what he said!

4. quality control

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D that uses a Boscam T353 5.8 Ghz downlink for video. I have added the Frsky X8R control RX with a Frsky Taranis Radio and TX. Changing stuff on the Phantom 2 non vision is not hard.

I also have a Vision + that has to remain stock for the reason of video being 2.4 Ghz and radio being 5.8 Ghz. I cannot add an 8XR because my wifi extender might make it go wonky, and I am not willing to try.

5. Silicastorm

This may be a noob question,,,

... but with the DJI P2V+ going with a Futaba Controller and a FatShark video would be a correct upgrade.

Then in the future if upgrading from Phantom UAV series; the Futaba Controller and FatShark would be compatible ?