RC Compass Calibration Message Help

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone help me with this, I can Calibrate the compass for the AC but i still get this message telling me i need to calibrate the RC in a figure 8 pattern, so i move the RC in a figure 8 pattern and nothing happens i have to click the x in the top right of the box to get rind of the messsage.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_151752218_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170209_151752218_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 423
I've had the same, be patient and just going in the way it tells you and it will calibrate eventually

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

what I have done is rotate the RC around like the P4P
OK how this??
make believe there is a bubble leveler in the center of the RC, make the bubble go to one side then keeping the bubble against the side and make the bubble go all the way around. I just keep doing this until the finish screen comes up.
is this the right way????

What I do get is the lower left corner,arrow, MAP to point in the correct direction when I point it to Home. Other than that, the Arrow is off by 30 to 180 Degrees.

waiting for the up date to fix this????????
ANYONE get the map arrow to point in the right direction when flying ( P4P+)

the map arrow is working fine on the P4P

Smartphones/tablets with compasses require the same kind of calibration.
I'm never sure about the figure 8 method, I think the concept is virtually rotating the device through all three axis. Rotating on x, y, and Z axis similar to what you do with the AC will achieve the same thing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj