RC comparison: P4P vs. P3P

Reaction score
I'm currently a P3P owner looking to buy a P4P. I'm running an amped MAXXRANGE antenna. Living in a semi-wooded area, my range is approximately 2.5 - 3 miles. I realize a direct comparison of my situation would be impossible for others to assess, but I am very interested to see if any of you have made a similar transition, or even what the "real world" range comparison is between stock RC's. According to the DJI website, there is a six dBm difference. How much difference will this make?

Apologies for rambling. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's very difficult to come up with a real-world figure because P4P range reports vary from 1/2 miles to four miles or more. Anecdotal user range reports always vary dramatically, regardless of the model, and probably always will. But the majority of reports I've seen indicate average stock (no mods) P4P ranges of 2-4 miles.

Reactions: mindtrick
The important thing to remember is that on 2.4 or 5.8 GHz line of sight is everything. A 6 dB increase is nice but not all that helpful behind a building or trees than generate a -30 dB signal null.

Reactions: mindtrick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan