RC calibration question

Reaction score
Do we need the RC calibration software that connects directly to the RC or does the new assistant software do all that is needed to calibrate the RC?

cmhorka said:
Do we need the RC calibration software that connects directly to the RC or does the new assistant software do all that is needed to calibrate the RC?

Ya know its funny I see a good number of posts saying "first cal your TX in the RC assistant, then the PC assistant" but I can tell you I only cal'd mine in the PC assistant for the longest time. Especially when I had a TX that didnt have the external USB port. It always worked fine. So go ahead and cal it in the RC assistant first and then the PC assistant.

cmhorka said:
They look like they do exactly the same thing! (?)

Nope the RC assistant calibrates the values/range and center position in the RC unit, The Phantom assistant calibrates the value/range/center in the Naza controller in relation to the signal it receives from the Radio, two different ball games.
At one time my RC battery was running low and the app gave me an error that an RC axis was out of limit and needs calibration, while connected to the Phantom assistant it showed the R value 25% out of center while the sticks on the RC had been centered but connected to the RC assistant the stick showed as centered. Everything went back to normal once I replaced the batteries ;)

Panamon Creel said:
cmhorka said:
They look like they do exactly the same thing! (?)

Nope the RC assistant calibrates the values/range and center position in the RC unit, The Phantom assistant calibrates the value/range/center in the Naza controller in relation to the signal it receives from the Radio, two different ball games...

Sounds logical, but upon further thinking about this, here's some thoughts:

Do I really care what the RC assistant says because ultimately I only care that the RECEIVER is getting the correct input for control - regardless of what the transmitter assistant says (a bit extreme statement, but hopefully it conveys the concept) ...

SO, it seems to me that as long as the receiver is reacting properly to the transmitter - all should be well.

I'm sure someone will shoot holes in this argument but that's ok, I'm here to learn!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl