RC Calibration Problem

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Pilots,
I've been a long time lurker and ran into a problem I haven't seen discussed so I thought I would join and hopefully get some help.

I noticed my P-4 suddenly started losing altitude fast. I had to constantly push it up on the way back home. Once overhead, I let go of the sticks and the bird came straight down with no input from me. I took control and landed. I opened the Go 4 app to calibrate the RC. With the sticks in the center, it was showing 20% down on the left stick. I performed the calibration and everything acted normal. After calibration, the sticks showed 0 when centered.

I launched again and all seemed normal...at first. After a few minutes, I noticed the altitude drop again. I flew back home, opened the Go 4 app again and with the sticks centered, it was reading 24% down on the left stick. With the left stick fully up, it would only go to 76%. I noticed if I pushed on the shell of the remote next to the left stick, it would change the % of the reading. After rotating the stick several times, it finally took the calibration and the sticks read 0-100 in all directions. I launched again only to have it work fine for a couple minutes then the altitude drop again. I flew her home and here I am.

Sorry so long-winded but would appreciate any help. I've tried a search but couldn't find anything similar. It's obviously a remote problem, just hoping I can fix without having to send it to DJI.

Thanks,
Jay

This is definitely a problem with the RC, talk to DJI service for repairs.

Hello
After the last upgrade I took a light takeoff, and everything seemed to work fine. But after landing and leaving the throttle at idle, it started to pick up revs and started to tilt over. I then put it to a full stop and started again. Same thing happened, after a liftoff and landing it started to pick up revs again. Several tests and nothing changes. There is no pattern in witch motor(s) is picking speed, and the tilting is random. When trying to calibrate the RC nothing happens. I have been juggling the sticks for minutes but it never gives the message that the calibration is finished. Also there is different colours on the display for each stick.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rune

Hello Fellow Pilots,
I've been a long time lurker and ran into a problem I haven't seen discussed so I thought I would join and hopefully get some help.

I noticed my P-4 suddenly started losing altitude fast. I had to constantly push it up on the way back home. Once overhead, I let go of the sticks and the bird came straight down with no input from me. I took control and landed. I opened the Go 4 app to calibrate the RC. With the sticks in the center, it was showing 20% down on the left stick. I performed the calibration and everything acted normal. After calibration, the sticks showed 0 when centered.

I launched again and all seemed normal...at first. After a few minutes, I noticed the altitude drop again. I flew back home, opened the Go 4 app again and with the sticks centered, it was reading 24% down on the left stick. With the left stick fully up, it would only go to 76%. I noticed if I pushed on the shell of the remote next to the left stick, it would change the % of the reading. After rotating the stick several times, it finally took the calibration and the sticks read 0-100 in all directions. I launched again only to have it work fine for a couple minutes then the altitude drop again. I flew her home and here I am.

Sorry so long-winded but would appreciate any help. I've tried a search but couldn't find anything similar. It's obviously a remote problem, just hoping I can fix without having to send it to DJI.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Cruzer61
I just having same problem. Did you fix it or send it to DJI?
Regards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik