RC button "stuck??" DJI customer service OMG :(

I dont see the problem here. The customer rep was offering to send you a shipping label so the unit could be collected and taken to the repair facility. The evaluation process was explained. It is unreasonable to expect a definitive answer from the customer rep as to whether warranty coverage may be offered for this problem over a chat session. And with respect, you should know if you purchased DJI care.

I have shell cracks around the motor mounnts on a P3. I went through this process, supplied photos as requested including "one with phantom stand level by self clearly show on perfect flat place" which i was told in enquiry was for the purpose of "able see not have crash" and retreived the serial number from "little stick part on bottom place". They sent a label with packimh instructioms and made arrangements for collection at DJI cost. I am comfortable i will have a happy ending.

We are not deaing with native english speakers. Being deliberate in employing simple clear language and excersiIng a little patience goes a long way. I agree it can be frustrating.

Most BB managers will work with you. Called keeping customers happy. Also your dollar spend gets you different return periods too.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
Most BB managers will work with you. Called keeping customers happy. Also your dollar spend gets you different return periods too.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using PhantomPilots mobile app
its pumpkin time

Reactions: Marc Hufnagel
and just to point out saying pumpkin time was referring to another member with pumpkin avatar not about autel x star premium

I think thats who I was on hold for before that for 30min? I donno, when I saw the chat pop up I just hung up. I didnt expect there to be a difference in service or who I was even speaking to between the two. I'll try WD40 before I send it off, hopefully that will work.
Do not use anything like that. It won't work and it will give them an excuse to deny warranty.

I was not upset going into this chat, I was scared, I have heard horror stories of their customer service but most of them are old so I had hoped that had changed. I was short and to the point through out most of the chat because I am at work and was typing while dealing with customers here and didnt want to get cut off if I didnt answer them right away. I had already spent about 30min on hold on the phone as well.
When I ask two questions before I get a response to the first one because they take so long to answer and then they answer with a simple yes but don't clarify which question they are answering. That isn't clear. I don't care who you work for that isn't clear. As far as my expectation. I had hoped that they would just email me a slip that would be filled out with the info I gave them with the packing slip. Me having to fill that out was no big deal but when it took another 5 or 10 min to get more questions answered from them about what the proper answers were it was more frustrating than it should have been. And all the sudden I get chat in Chinese and they said I was disconnected so I had to start all over? That is acceptable to you and would not frustrate you at all?
I don't feel entitled to crap, I feel like the person didn't understand how to communicate very effectively which coupled with the stories all over the internet of this companies service made me feel like I might end up as one of those stories.
I was posting this in here not for you to judge the tone that you think i wrote it in, which you obviously couldn't because I was not upset and I am not arrogant person at all.
I was simply trying to see if anyone else has had this problem so I don't have to send my favorite toy off not knowing when I would ever get it back.
My advice to you.....stop assuming you know what tone is being typed because you cant, if you think thats clear and you have to deal with customers that are upset at you constantly maybe you should think about some short of class on effective communication, maybe it isnt the customers that are the problem.
SHEESH

Hi Will -

I am Tom. How is it going bud?

It seems to me that you wanted a discussion or an exchange of ideas and experiences. Perhaps you wanted to warn others. Being on forums, posting a thread about a particular topic etc. you'll have to expect a discussion will ensue.
This is what it is. It isn't bad; read on.

The "horror stories" you heard or read about are growing pains and part of any start-up.

The companies that are perceived as being "amazing" at customer service (Zappos, Amazon, Apple etc.) are companies which hand out freebies. Let's face it. For every "satisfied customer" I can find you 1,000 others who are complaining about their pricing. But someone has to pay for all of that right?

You'd be lauding DJI if they had replied:
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention sir. We feel terrible about the stress and time lost when it comes to dealing with this issue.
Don't worry, I am emailing you a box and an overnight shipping pre-paid label so you can send us your controller. We want to study to improve our products and improve our designs.
So we value your feedback. If you wouldn't mind terribly, I'll need your CC to place a temporary hold on it for the amount of a new controller which I will be ordering for you and overnighting today. I am also happy to include a DJI T-Shirt and lanyard to use when you fly your Phantom.
Thank you so much for choosing us."

See how far you get with any start-up these days, many of which don't have a chat or a phone number to call listed on their web site. And these are American companies.
I urge to read-up on Square if you want to put things in perspective. How would you like it if you, as a merchant, had $10,000 of your money frozen and no way to reach the company other than email support?

You wrote "WTF" twice and you were being sarcastic in your chat with that customer service person.
That's not adult mature talk.

Your having a wedding a week later to attend or the fact that the chat got disconnected or the fact that the button failed or the fact you use your employer's time to contact them is NOT the customer service representative's fault.
So what if he wrote something in Chinese? I can think of a hundred things you could have typed but you reply "I am not Chinese".
I know people who are not Chinese who are fluent in Mandarin and Chinese people who don't speak the language at all but get addressed in the language because they "look" Asian.

Talking about assumptions my friend, I don't work (at all in fact) in retail (thank god!) and I didn't assume anything: I just read what you wrote. That's all we have to go by.

If your original post contained what you wrote to me, this conversation might have been different.

So you come here looking for feedback and answers/ ideas to solve your dilemma. But you don't like what I wrote, because... ? Please point out any flawed argument I presented.

Back to your story, now you are talking about having to send your toy in, I thought only the controller was the problem?

Have you received the email they told you they'd send you?

In any event, thank you for sharing your experience and your viewpoint, for what's it's worth.

Now here is how you solve your problem:
{redacted} The OP does not seem to appreciate or deserve any help.

Please post past your experience so others can benefit further from this thread.

Please note everyone: you are buying products from a company that is now huge but that is STILL a work in progress. Consider that things may break or not live up to expectation(s) BEFORE you buy a drone and come whining on the Internet.

Last edited:
If the switch on the on off button accidentally pressed a bit to hard ,it might caused the plastic button cover to travel down to much and damage the plastic guides on it.
Suggestion : take some silicon contact spray and spray into the button . Then press a few times gently .this might do the job so you can use it for your shooting and then return it
Just a thought
Cheers .

its just like the shells cracking dji knew about it but where hush on subject same as remotes a lot of people have had issues with plastic breaking inside dji wants to stay ahead in game need to fix issues and customer service or there day of being on top is over
My remote crumbled on the insides, my RTH switch imploded, just crashed right in, guess how many times I used it? None, it broke in picking the thing up, this of course after I had repaired it already, due to the terrible mold or cheap plastic, it may be to thin, but it's verified, check Jake at MaxxUAV right on his website he states "I will not be responsible for GL300B remotes as they have a factory defect that allows screw bosses to crumble" or close to that, not verbatim.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You did come off a little hostile, I mean, I knew and understood the answers, I don't know why you chose to be so hostile, I know you were probably pissed, but I doubt the dude behind that desk had anything to do or say about the design or the way in which they deal with customers, with that said, seems weird they say Texas, but accidentally script Chinese, that seemed odd, even if was the beginning of another reps chat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

i purchased my phantom 4 about a month ago....i love it...its amazing. I use it all the time and have no issues.....until now.
My power button on my remote control all the sudden seems to have gotten stuck in the down position. It doesnt respond at all....no clicking feel when i press on it. I have tried to gently move it sideways to see if it was stuck and would let loose....I have tapped on it lightly. I dont know what else to do.
I have been chatting with DJI's online customer service and I am absolutely floored by how Removed the person on the other end of that chat seems to be. I have heard horror stories about how bad their service is but was hoping that was all fixed by now....
Here's my chat(below)..... I know its long but trust me....its worth reading....
anyone have a fix for this so I dont have to send it in to these people????????

Hello,welcome to our website!How may I help you today?

I have a phantom 4 that i bought like a month or so ago

and the power button on the remote seems to be stuck

it used to slightly move downward and click

now it does nothing like its stuck

10:49:42
i was hoping there was a fix for this that was easy so I wouldnt have to send it in as I have an event I need it for in the coming days

10:51:00
the white lights at the bottom i guess that show the battery life of the remote are flashing and wont stop

it was 4 lights now its down to 2

Yes I suggest that we send it in for repair. Can you send me a photo of this problem please

10:52:12
a photo of a button that wont move?

Sending file 20160620_105238.jpg
"20160620_105238.jpg" Sent succeeded.
10:55:15
how long will the repair take? I have a wedding I have to video at the end of the week

10:57:33
It depends. Our repair center will have to evaluate it

I'm going to have to cancel my job then huh

10:59:41
please tell me what i need to do to get this fixed

11:01:02
Let me check

11:04:21
So you mean you can't press the power button?

i press it and it doesnt move at all....usually it moves down slightly and clicks

it doesnt move or click

its like it is stuck down

i can not turn it on or off

and the lights are flashing continuously

Okay we're going to have to send it in for repair.

11:05:24
showing me the battery levels

yeah you said that

May I ask what country you're in?

i'm in Texas

USA

11:06:39
Okay, Do you want me to proceed in making you a ticket for repair?

11:08:17
well yeah?

thats the only way to get it fixed right?

Yes I'm afraid so

11:09:58
well lets do that

i need to get this back asap so I need to get it sent in asap

Okay please fill in the following details

Shipping Address (no PO box):
Phone number:
Name of DJI Product:
Purchase date of product:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue before contacting support:
Do you have DJI care:
Full Name:
Email Address:

11:11:10
210-

Phantom 4

5/14/16

ordered it from best buy

11:12:19
power button will not respond

i have not tried to fix it

I have no clue if i have DJI care

Will Sherman

[email protected]

11:13:35
May I ask for your address please

11:15:23
Okay thank you let me create a ticket for you please wait

11:16:59
Okay here is your RMA# 0620201678890310158

and Ticket #310158 for your reference

You'll receive an email with instructions on how to go about on your repair

Is there anything else?

11:18:12
uh are you going to send me some type of shipping label or something?

am i having to pay for this?

Shipping label - Yes

In regards to the repair costs, warranty and non-warranty repairs would be determined by our repair staff upon receiving the unit. If the unit is covered under the warranty, then you would not incur any charges. If for some reason there is any payment required for a non-warranty repair, you would be sent an invoice prior to starting any repairs so that you may decide if you would like to move forward with the service.

yes you are going to send one or yes I have to pay for it?

Shipping label - Yes

11:19:15
yes doesnt answer the question

yes to which one

In regards to the repair costs, warranty and non-warranty repairs would be determined by our repair staff upon receiving the unit. If the unit is covered under the warranty, then you would not incur any charges. If for some reason there is any payment required for a non-warranty repair, you would be sent an invoice prior to starting any repairs so that you may decide if you would like to move forward with the service.

really? repeating yourself?

Yes our repair center will have to evaluate this

its a month old, in what world would a button no longer working not be covered by warranty?

11:20:31
wow, the horror stories I hear about the customer service you guys have is starting to show true

It will depend on them with regards to repair cost

As for now I reallt cannot say

why is the customer info sheet blank if I gave you all the info already

ugh

11:22:21
The details you gave me is for the repair ticket

The customer sheet is for you to fill out

why am i responsible for the shipping

if its a warranty issue i shouldnt have to pay for anything

We will issue you shipping labels

you just said i had to pay for it

wtf

11:23:22
i asked you that twice

what does BACK STORY mean on the info sheet?

What I meant was for shipping - Yes, it would be provided by us

how do I know if i have dji care?

11:24:23
i do not need dji care if the item is still under warranty correct?

how do I know the craft and camera serial numbers, do i need that if its only an issue with the remote and not the drone itself?

The repair team will know if you have DJI Care

its asking me to say yes or no

11:25:24
i need to know apparently in order to fill this out

Yes you have to fill in every information in the customer sheet please

omg

please answer my questions so that I can

you are very very very very very very confusing

11:26:36
May I ask if you recall purchasing DJI Care?

no i dont, I purchased the item which comes with a warranty

i dont even know what DJI care is

is it an extended warranty?

Okay, then you probably don't have one

if my item is under warranty still would i need DJI care?

No

11:27:37
no to which questino

no its not an extended warranty or no i dont need it

Q:What is DJI Care?
A:To provide you with a better user experience and worry-free flight, we are pleased to launch the DJI Care Protection Plan, a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI aircraft, gimbal or camera sustained during normal use. During DJI Care’s period of validity, if damages occur accidentally under normal use, the repair fees and related costs incurred will be covered by DJI.

11:28:55
ok so thats if the item gets damaged somehow due to crash or something correct?

obviously a button that stops working that isnt due to something damaging it would not need that

how do i find my craft and camera serial number and do i actually need to put that info down if my drone and camera are not even being sent it??

in

11:30:21
您好,欢迎您访问!请问有什么需要咨询?

i'm not chinese

11:31:40
Yes sorry about that, how may I help you?

wtf?

how may you help me?

read the questions i asked you

11:34:59
Sorry about that you got disconnected. May I ask what question please

i'm starting all over??????????

PLEASE HELP! =(
With all due to some of their horrible actual service (it's not all bad), you can't take what those people on the char bars say. They don't know nutting'.

@Will Sherman

Please read below. Do you see what I mean?
Here is an example of the attitudes you have to deal with when operating a retail operation.

I urge you guys to travel the world and to be kind to others.

Excuse me? What did I do wrong? Are you the same person asking to be nice to others but at the same time attacking me out of nowhere? There is Nothing wrong to grab a defective part within warranty period and go to the seller and ask for guidance of what to do next. Absolutely nothing wrong. A missing cardboard box will not change and hide the quality issues of a Product. And, definitely, should not stop consumer to have issues taken care.

Next time, try to be more respectful to others, as you advised before

Reactions: flpholt
Yes, go to Best Buy without the box and let them take care of that crappy controller.
Where does it say you need the box so the freaking button works appropriate or that warranty is voided if box is lost.
Go there and dont leave without another brand new P4, and tell them they can keep the box

Excuse me? What did I do wrong? Are you the same person asking to be nice to others but at the same time attacking me out of nowhere? There is Nothing wrong to grab a defective part within warranty period and go to the seller and ask for guidance of what to do next. Absolutely nothing wrong. A missing cardboard box will not change and hide the quality issues of a Product. And, definitely, should not stop consumer to have issues taken care.

Next time, try to be more respectful to others, as you advised before

Hi there -

Oblivious is the word that comes to mind. :)

You obviously changed your tune. Now you are asking for guidance?

Please note that I wasn't addressing you.
I addressed someone else and used your post to illustrate my point.

But since you ask, I will explain.

Imagine Best Buy is actually your business.

Imagine a large portion of your customers walking-in with something they bought from your store and "not leaving" until you exchange it (= bear the financial burden this represents). They do not have the original packaging, the user manual, really nothing except something they are holding in their hand.

Do you open a box and hand over the replacement item? No because the serials won't match.
Do you hand over a brand new brand product? No because that person didn't bring the other items.
Even you wanted to help, you don't stock replacement parts/ items packaged for this purpose/ situation.
To top if off, the "customer" is standing there demanding you "make good" on it and perhaps being belligerent and rude to your staff while causing a scene in your store.

Being kind was addressed to people like you my friend, whose viewpoint and actions cause an unduly burden to others without realizing it or even caring.

You sounded pretty rude to me.....don't think I'd of had as much patients as her. I'm not a big fan of their costomer support either but doesn't mean you can talk to them the way you did.

Hi there -

Oblivious is the word that comes to mind. :)

You obviously changed your tune. Now you are asking for guidance?

Please note that I wasn't addressing you.
I addressed someone else and used your post to illustrate my point.

But since you ask, I will explain.

Imagine Best Buy is actually your business.

Imagine a large portion of your customers walking-in with something they bought from your store and "not leaving" until you exchange it (= bear the financial burden this represents). They do not have the original packaging, the user manual, really nothing except something they are holding in their hand.

Do you open a box and hand over the replacement item? No because the serials won't match.
Do you hand over a brand new brand product? No because that person didn't bring the other items.
Even you wanted to help, you don't stock replacement parts/ items packaged for this purpose/ situation.
To top if off, the "customer" is standing there demanding you "make good" on it and perhaps being belligerent and rude to your staff while causing a scene in your store.

Being kind was addressed to people like you my friend, whose viewpoint and actions cause an unduly burden to others without realizing it or even caring.

I wish there was an ignore button for know it all rude people....

I wish there was an ignore button for know it all rude people....

You are quoting me but I am not sure you are addressing me.

You are refusing to admit you had any part in the way you felt/ feel.
Burring one's head in the sand is not the best you can do. Wishful thinking does not work either.

Several people on these thread, including in the post right above (#37), people with no vested interest in this and people who have read the chat you posted have told you are viewing this wrong.

I cannot believe you did not take anything to heart from I wrote to help you so far, including the way to solve your problem in my post #30.

okay guys its time for some of this on this thread
upload_2016-6-21_14-25-24.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl