Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware RC Bricked after failed firmware update?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by El Guapo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. El Guapo

I tried updating the RC firmware to 1.4.30 via the DJI GO app, and it was still going after 15 minutes of beeping. I decided (stupidly!) to power off the RC and try again.

Now the RC does not beep when powering up and just shows a light-blue LED (not darker blue like when the firmware was updating. DJI app does not see it.

Any chance to recover the RC after I stupidly interrupted it?

2. PhantomState

I did the same thing last week and was able to complete the update. I read in this forum somewhere to turn on the P3P and let it sit. It'll continue the update after a few minutes. That's what I did and it worked. Have made a couple of flights since w/o any issues. Good luck!!

3. Steve_in_NJ

Did you ever have any resolution to the problem? The same thing happened to me. I tried three times to install new firmware, each time getting closer. The radio was allowed to beep for a LONG time each try. Now the radio powers up on only ONE push of the power button and I get the light blue light next to the four white lights, and it cannot connect to the P3. First DJI tried to talk me through downgrading the firmware - didn't work. Now DJI wants me to ship it to them. I know that'll take forever.