RC Antenna Mod. Splice or Cut Goop?

If you're talking about the white glue on the remote (can't be 100% sure because the video won't load on my phone) then it is very easy to cut away with an xacto blade. Note also there is an antenna mod sub-forum in the P2V+ forum that has lots of good posts

CityZen said:

Thanks but the goops in the RC isn't the black stuff (thank goodness). Or at least it wasn't in the V2 remote. I shouldn't say - I haven't opened the V3 remote yet. The V2 remote had white stuff you could slowly chip away at. I did that and removed my old cable to do the antenna mod. Now I'm looking at the new V3 remote I wonder if I should splice or chip away.

I've seen info on both sides of things. The chipping and scraping away method definitely works (I've done it) but the length of the wire is different when you replace it and I'm not sure if that's an issue. Plus you can damage the connector if you aren't careful. The splice method has more cutting and some soldering but I'm OK with that.

The V3 TX is the same as far as the white glue in the V2 and came off as easy as the V2 did with mine . I just used an xacto blade and took my time .

Cut the white goop/glue off. Its super simple. no soldering then and a simple plug and play update. I then used hot glue to secure the new connector in its place.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj