RAW with PV

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Strange problem here... Just flew my PV for the first time and I am not happy to report the following:

1. I have the RAW setting to on... so I get a JPG file and a RAW file from one shot... The JPG looks fine but the RAW looks like this:

2. On my second flight I a 10 minute video which I could see ok on my Iphone when recording while flying... but when I inserted the SD card to my computer to see it... I was 10 minutes of nothing... just a black screen no content... (!!!) I did record a second video and that was fine... so is there and explanation for this?

Is this to be expected? did I jump to soon into this drone tech?

Thanks!
JC

Hello. The RAW format on the Vision camera is a proprietary one - DJI are going to release conversion software to enable Vision RAW photos to be opened up in Adobe products, but it's not yet released.

Regarding the video, I haven't experienced "blank" movie files as yet, but then I am using a Sandisk class 10 16GB card, rather than the one that came with the Vision. I also formatted it in the Vision camera first. I've had no issues with this.

Hi JC,

I've actually had the same experience with video. Filmed maybe 15 flights and three of the flights were all black video. The time stamp of these videos were all in 2008 while the rest of the videos were correct. I am using a 32 GB SANDISK micro card. I just updated the firmware of the camera tonight to the latest to see if that helps. You might want to try the same thing and see if it helps you as well.

Wes

Amazing the number of people that don't read the manual for a $1200 Phantom Vision. Read page 52 of the Phantom 2 Vision User Manual V1.04. The trouble shooting section. You will have to go to the DJI website and download the .pdf manual.
Page 52 tells you how to fix and recover the blank video.
I'll tell you what YOU did to cause the blank video. You landed and turned off the Vision before you stopped recording on the app. In the future stop recording before you turn off the Vision.

Hi iquittoo,

Thanks for the response and suggestion to pop the card back in to repair the file. That's not what happened in my case. I am guilty of doing that the first time and was able to recover the video per the manual suggestion. Also, in that case, my PC was unable to play the file at all. What I'm reporting here is a whole different problem where the PC is fine with the video. It's just completely black.

Ever since the first time of forgetting to press STOP on the recording, I've been careful to turn off recording before powering off the Phantom Vision.

Here's more information about my black video: After one flight, I took the micro SD card out and popped it into my PC and copied over the last flight. Looked great on the PC. I stuck the card back into the Phantom and did another couple of flights recording and taking pictures, etc. When I popped the card back into my PC, the video that used to be good was now completely black. The new videos were ok, but the last video I took that was good (my copy on my PC is still good) is now gone (black video). It's as if something wiped it out or more likely some header information got blown away.

That leaves the Phantom or my PC as the culprit here. I suspect the phantom...but I only say that because in another case where I flew it around and did several recordings/pictures over a couple of battery swaps, one of the videos in the middle of the pack was black before I had a chance to introduce it to anything outside of the phantom camera.

So, a couple of days ago I updated the camera's firmware to see if that would help. So far so good, but I don't have a large enough sample set to say that it fixed the problem.

Wes

wfilleman said:
Hi iquittoo,

Thanks for the response and suggestion to pop the card back in to repair the file. That's not what happened in my case. I am guilty of doing that the first time and was able to recover the video per the manual suggestion. Also, in that case, my PC was unable to play the file at all. What I'm reporting here is a whole different problem where the PC is fine with the video. It's just completely black.

Ever since the first time of forgetting to press STOP on the recording, I've been careful to turn off recording before powering off the Phantom Vision.

Here's more information about my black video: After one flight, I took the micro SD card out and popped it into my PC and copied over the last flight. Looked great on the PC. I stuck the card back into the Phantom and did another couple of flights recording and taking pictures, etc. When I popped the card back into my PC, the video that used to be good was now completely black. The new videos were ok, but the last video I took that was good (my copy on my PC is still good) is now gone (black video). It's as if something wiped it out or more likely some header information got blown away.

That leaves the Phantom or my PC as the culprit here. I suspect the phantom...but I only say that because in another case where I flew it around and did several recordings/pictures over a couple of battery swaps, one of the videos in the middle of the pack was black before I had a chance to introduce it to anything outside of the phantom camera.

So, a couple of days ago I updated the camera's firmware to see if that would help. So far so good, but I don't have a large enough sample set to say that it fixed the problem.

Wes

I have same issues how can it be fixed and I upgraded firmware and I see videos that has all data but when viewing them they are all black. If I recorded for 10 min it will play black screen for 10 minutes what is going on?

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

NOT ALL FILES LIKE THAT BUT SOME !!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE TO RECOVER THEM , IT IS NOT THAT THING TO CYCLE YOUR PHANTOM AND I TRIED THIS IS DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

I have same issues how can it be fixed and I upgraded firmware and I see videos that has all data but when viewing them they are all black. If I recorded for 10 min it will play black screen for 10 minutes what is going on?

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

NOT ALL FILES LIKE THAT BUT SOME !!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE TO RECOVER THEM , IT IS NOT THAT THING TO CYCLE YOUR PHANTOM AND I TRIED THIS IS DIFFERENT STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.