Raw footage

Reaction score
I would like to shoot raw footage on my next yacht delievery in case any of my footage is worth anything professionally but at the same time would like to have video for me and my friends that looked good. Is there a down and dirty software that I can shoot in raw and then put it in that software to make it more like I saw it when it was shot? Or a fast way to enhance it?

Thx in advance

You can't shoot raw footage with a Phantom.....you're recording in H.264 codec in either a .MOV or MP4 wrapper, which pretty much any editing program can handle.

Maybe you're getting mixed up with the still photos, which you can shoot either raw or jpeg. Cameras that shoot raw video cost thousands of dollars.

A fast way would be to use a LUT, there are several available that may work for you, eg. DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help (look for the LUT section).
You can use various video editing packages to apply a LUT - Adobe Premier or After Effects, etc.

Also, the Google Nik collection is a powerful way to add punch to your images with little effort, I use it as a plugin in photoshop - the Color Efex Pro Contrast Color Range preset can give some nice results

Rockydog Thank you for responding, I stand corrected, I was getting mixed up with my GoPro footage and what the Phantom 3 Pro will shoot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav