Rapid multi battery charger

Reaction score
I bought the rapid battery charger that charges 3 batteries at once from eBay. I can't get it to work as described anybody else try this product or have a better way of charging more than one battery at once?

The battery will only let you charge at a certain rate. You probably have the paralell charging board. I have it ,and it charge 3 battery at the same time.

Those boards let 3 batteries charge but if your using the stock charger I would think it would charge each battery at 1/3 of the speed. Your not pushing any more voltage out so it wouldn't be quicker I don't think, I could be wrong on that though

I believe the rapid charger you have purchased is a parallel board charge which will NOT charge all three batteries at the same time. It will however, let you attach all three batteries to the board and them charge each of them at the normal charging rate. At least you don't have to keep changing out the batteries over and over. But please keep in mind that leaving lipo batteries unattended can be very dangerous. I hope this helps.

No it charges all three at the same time with a stock charger. They just take a longer time to charge.
I think some one sells a bigger power supply you can use with it. Just remember the battery will only allow it to charge at so many amps .

Dom said:
I believe the rapid charger you have purchased is a parallel board charge which will NOT charge all three batteries at the same time. It will however, let you attach all three batteries to the board and them charge each of them at the normal charging rate. At least you don't have to keep changing out the batteries over and over. But please keep in mind that leaving lipo batteries unattended can be very dangerous. I hope this helps.

Uhmmm, yes it will. A parallel board will allow you to hook however many ports you have up to a single source. Think of it like a splitter.

Problem with this is that the current from the charger that used to get dumped into one pack now gets split up into however many batteries are hooked up to the board. You also have to be careful and ensure that the voltages of the packs you're trying to charge are within a couple tenths of each other to make sure that they charge up safely.

Let's use the factory charger for example. At its highest setting it will put out 3 amps. That 3 amps charges a single pack fairly quickly. Now, hook 3 packs into a parallel charging board and hook the board up to the factory charger set once again at 3 amps. It's going to take that 3 amp output and split it up evenly between the 3 packs. While it will work, it will make a full charge take three times as long.

As you said, you no longer have to switch out packs every hour, but now you have tripled your charging time.

One way to fix this is to get a charger capable of putting out more current. If you want to get that 3 pack parallel board setup back to the same time as the single pack hooked up to the factory charger, you're going to need a charger capable of putting out 9 amps.

I'm not sure what the OP's setup is, which is why we need more information like what brand and model charger he has, how many packs of what size he's trying to charge, and if he's using some sort of parallel charging board.

This setup works pretty good

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413078500338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413078500338.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 400
Mori55 said:
Your using the pb setting.

No just the lipo 3s setting. Not sure about the pb setting. I did see a few videos where they were using the pb setting not sure why though

brorex said:
Mori55 said:

No just the lipo 3s setting. Not sure about the pb setting. I did see a few videos where they were using the pb setting not sure why though

This is not a normal LiPo battery pack it is a battery pack that has an integrated charging circuit therefore Lipo 3s setting may not work or cause incomplete charging since the charging circuit that is integrated into the battery wants to see 12.6V which is supplied if you use 6Cell Pb battery setting on the external charger.

One other note, the battery internal charging circuit does not seem to limit the charging current so running a higher amp power supply can cause higher than 1C charging current if the power supply provides more than 5.2 Amps which would be detrimental to the battery.

Panamon Creel said:
brorex said:
Mori55 said:

This is not a normal LiPo battery pack it is a battery pack that has an integrated charging circuit therefore Lipo 3s setting may not work or cause incomplete charging since the charging circuit that is integrated into the battery wants to see 12.6V which is supplied if you use 6Cell Pb battery setting on the external charger.

One other note, the battery internal charging circuit does not seem to limit the charging current so running a higher amp power supply can cause higher than 1C charging current if the power supply provides more than 5.2 Amps which would be detrimental to the battery.

I can't say for sure about Pb I know mine works good on the 3s lipo setting. Charges full. Have it set to charge @ 5.2 amps have been using it for quite some time now with no negative results

I can't get a picture of it on here but I think your right you can hook up 3 batteries but doesn't charge all three at once or any faster.
Live and learn I guess
Thanks guys

Ken326 said:
I can't get a picture of it on here but I think your right you can hook up 3 batteries but doesn't charge all three at once or any faster.
Live and learn I guess
Thanks guys

There's nothing wrong with the parallel chargers.
I think it will do fine for multiple batteries. I use when i'm not in a rush and when I need to charge 3 batteries without having to swap.

Try and avoid rapid chargers though... With mobile phones, I have always been told that the higher amperage = faster charging = shortened life of battery. So technically the slower rates in the parallel charger will lengthen battery life.
Someone will prove me wrong though..

The battery circuitry will only let it charge at a certain rate. 3amps. And that paralell charger does charge 3 at the same time. I have one.

Mori55 said:
The battery circuitry will only let it charge at a certain rate. 3amps. And that paralell charger does charge 3 at the same time. I have one.

The DJI power brick is 4 not 3 amps, furthermore the battery internal charging circuit does not limit the charging current and will allow a current above 1C

Attachments

• phantombattest.jpg
    phantombattest.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 314

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers