Rapid descent

Reaction score
I understand pulling down the left throttle to the maximum for a few seconds will shut off the motors even in mid flight, what is the best way then to lose altitude as fast as possible (on gps mode)?

The motors will only shut off after your Phantom stops descending for 3-5 seconds. The best way to descend rapidly is by holding the left stick in the full down position.

Only a CSC will shut off your motors mid-flight:

P3-CSC.png

Reactions: LamboH
Msinher, what about the vortex? Could a full descent cause this issue?

It is truly amazing how many threads are posted from new pilots who think that full left stick down will stop the motors in flight. All of these identical threads are a clear indication of just how abysmal the P3 manual is on this topic and also on the topic of CSC.

I have been thinking about writing an updated manual that more clearly explains these functions, but then I remember that searching here will show dozens of answers to those questions. Also, I think we will soon be getting sticky threads on assorted topics.

Reactions: snowghost
You can still get some VRS.
Can you?
Once DJI limited the P2 to 2 m/sec, there were no reports of VRS in the P2.
I've read an awful lot of threads but haven't seen any report of VRS for the P3.
I've descended from quite high in still air with no hint of it and strongly suspect that it is no issue at all for the P3.

Can you?
Once DJI limited the P2 to 2 m/sec, there were no reports of VRS in the P2.
I've read an awful lot of threads but haven't seen any report of VRS for the P3.
I've descended from quite high in still air with no hint of it and strongly suspect that it is no issue at all for the P3.

I've done some pretty rapid descents (of course it's better than P2 or X5C), and it sometimes feels like it's just on the cusp. Not so much the wobble, but you hear it in the prop wash. Or maybe it's paranoia LOL

What if I am going like 300m heigh and do a CSC, will it be time enough and will it actually restart the motors if I do Start sequence? So hypothetically I could do a video of going up 300-400m, do a CSC and then restart motors and film all???
Thanks

What if I am going like 300m heigh and do a CSC, will it be time enough and will it actually restart the motors if I do Start sequence? So hypothetically I could do a video of going up 300-400m, do a CSC and then restart motors and film all???
Thanks
Only person who ever tried it on here and reported back had a trashed bird afterwards. Do NOT try it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maybe ... and maybe not.
We're waiting for someone to try it and report back.
There may be an issue restarting if the Phantom isn't near level when it's falling.
You'll need a lot of height for recovery (if it restarts).
Not a smart thing to do if you like your Phantom.
If you are an apple guy, try it in the simulator first.

What if I am going like 300m heigh and do a CSC, will it be time enough and will it actually restart the motors if I do Start sequence?
Somebody tried this and it didn't work. The video is on YouTube somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers