Rant!!

This is truth! If he doesn't have one of the wires snapped in correctly it will probably hurt the controller by essentially running no antennas.

I've done many of these mods, and my experience is I left the stocks in place for the first one. The second one and every one since I went DBS style and just clipped the wires and pulled them out then routed both new ones over the top of the sticks.

In every case mine went amazing!

I've never used boosters, just antennas and I can easily go 25,000' to 27,000' no problem.

Also, these antennas are not just hook it up and viola! You have to know or learn how to POINT IT!

You keep line of sight on the bird, and keep the antenna level with the ground (not up in the air). When you lose bars on the signal you point it DOWN slightly until the signal comes back! Rarely do you have to point up.

I assume this is because your bouncing the signal off the ground surface and up essentially!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

How the Hell are you getting 25,000 + feet!??

And I did do mine the right way.
(Next stop) Sendind my controller in to DJI and paying the $65.00 to technically repair it.
Then getting the set up done professionally.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
How the Hell are you getting 25,000 + feet!??

And I did do mine the right way.
(Next stop) Sendind my controller in to DJI and paying the $65.00 to technically repair it.
Then getting the set up done professionally.

Have you seen the leader board? I go 25,000' one way and don't have anything besides an antenna. No boosters!

I'm only number 14! People go further with stock!

You shouldn't send it to DJI! You're just going to void the warranty!

If I was you, I would replace the internal wires first. Call Jake and he may send you a new antenna and wires? That's what you need to do. Have something to compare it too

You shouldn't send it to DJI! You're just going to void the warranty!

If I was you, I would replace the internal wires first. Call Jake and he may send you a new antenna and wires? That's what you need to do. Have something to compare it too

What's hakes info? Please and thank you :)

You keep line of sight on the bird, and keep the antenna level with the ground (not up in the air). When you lose bars on the signal you point it DOWN slightly until the signal comes back! Rarely do you have to point up.

I assume this is because your bouncing the signal off the ground surface and up essentially!

Great suggestion to try, in terms of pointing it down, when bars are lost, if that works. Never thought to try that. :cool:

Every time I lose signal or bars I point down slightly? I saw somewhere on here that the signal is basically bouncing off the surface of the earth and back up? If not it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic