Range question

I wish I someone on here has both and did the same run over a neighborhood to conform the difference...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

But the advance/pro use lightbridge not wifi, so why would the wifi in neighborhoods effect the adv/pro? I'm so confused....lol

It's not Wifi but it also uses 2.4Ghz frequency just like your Wifi.

Oh ok...so what gives the 5.8ghz greater distance? Are the antennas stronger or something on the advance?

Oh ok...so what gives the 5.8ghz greater distance? Are the antennas stronger or something on the advance?

Both of P3A/P's video downlink and RC use 2.4Ghz, which has longer range than 5.8Ghz.

Oh I thought that they just used a more powerful 5.8ghz antenna for the transmitter part

So are the two antennas on the advanced tx both for video/rc control? Where the standard has the one antenna in the middle for transmitter and two for wifi? I think I'm getting that right...

So are the two antennas on the advanced tx both for video/rc control? Where the standard has the one antenna in the middle for transmitter and two for wifi? I think I'm getting that right...

That's correct. The 2 video patch antennas are inside the Standard's remote controller. If you look at the front of it, there is a warning about not to cover it.
0ce39fa3369c8670db38cb35639ce2db.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj