Range on p3s

Reaction score
How well is it? How much better does it get with a ARGtek mod? How well is it for new pilots? Thanks :D

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It all depends on where your flying....you'll get better range in an open area away from congested wifi residential locations. I think the standard range is good enough stock but the ARGTek helped a lot. You may think a half mile or a mile isn't that far but when your out a few thousand feet and your phantom is a little dot, it's kinda scary. I can tell you in my experience that the ARGTek is pretty good upgrade but if you want more just spend $40 more for the DBS Mod ITElite antenna. If you search on here you will find tons of info on stock range, ARGTek range...and others like DBS and FPVLR. But to answer your question the stock range is more than enough for new pilots!! Your going to want more after you get comfortable. Hope this helps

Reactions: mcphipps
I just went out today.
10mph winds and sunny.
I got 3800+ feet before RTH kicked in. That was because I was flying lower than normal. Just around 150-175 feet high.
I have gotten 1 mile several times with this setup. (ARGtek)
Don't normally push it that far though.

Everything that Procharged97 has said is very good information. Just a matter of what you are looking for with your bird.

BTW.....
Welcome....... ben.gopo,
You have came to the right place for information. Enjoy your time here. Be sure to read all you can. There are tons of threads on just about any subject you can think of that has to do with the quad-copters. The search function works well here. Use it often, you will find what ever you need. In that rare case that you can not, there are great people here to help. Thanks for coming to Phantom Pilots! You are family now.
If you need any help/parts, please visit:
www.PhantomHelp.com

Stock Phantom 3 Standard, rated at (I think) 6/10 mi.
I've had mine out to 3000 (ok, just a hair under, like 2990 I think) and at that distance, I could barely see it.
My son has had his stock Standard over 7000 feet near the coast.
I don't need more than what I have.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: mcphipps
BTW.....
Welcome....... ben.gopo,
You have came to the right place for information. Enjoy your time here. Be sure to read all you can. There are tons of threads on just about any subject you can think of that has to do with the quad-copters. The search function works well here. Use it often, you will find what ever you need. In that rare case that you can not, there are great people here to help. Thanks for coming to Phantom Pilots! You are family now.
If you need any help/parts, please visit:
www.PhantomHelp.com
Thank you! And I'm glad to be apart of it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31