Range Mods - help

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie here...

Got my first flight in yesterday w/ my Phantom 3 -4k.
Finding that even in fairly open areas, my range is rather sucky and I start to lose video feed & sometimes signal where RTH is activated at about 120 meters.

Can someone tell me the best way to mod my controller/phantom so that I can get more distance/range?
I've looked on a few threads, but I'd rather have it posted here where it's new/fresh and I can get some feedback.

Please provide link to the place you bought your mod so those of us looking to do this can check it out!

What are the best ways to gain more distance/range via mods?

Thank you!

I suggest looking in the P2V+ mod forum for threads discussing the itelite mod. After that, I'd search for maxxrange, maxx range, and terminator. After that I'd search sunhans amp.

Try a wind surfer. see if that gives you the distance you want. some what cheap and easy to install.
Correct, try windsurfer first.

Are you sure you don't get too many interference in your area? Did you setup and aim the antenna correctly? I own P3 4K and in a dense suburb I got 400m-500m, but lose video signal at 200-300m on a stock P3 4K without any mod.
With windsurfer, same location same direction, I got 500-600m, lose video signal at 300-400m.

Pretty sure im doing everything right! I lose video @ 120meters which sucks... Im scared to fly it over 150m for fear of losing it... I def need something to extend the range!
I'll try those.. any other suggestions, please let me know!

Pretty sure im doing everything right! I lose video @ 120meters which sucks... Im scared to fly it over 150m for fear of losing it... I def need something to extend the range!
I'll try those.. any other suggestions, please let me know!
You won't "lose" it, it'll return to home upon signal loss

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Somehow I got the feeling that our current firmware for P3 4K is bad. Just like the 1.6.8 from P3S. And what made it worse is, the CE mode is only using 15dbm for the 2.4Ghz signal. Don't know how much for the 5.8Ghz. If you want to fly further:
1. More tx-power (increase dbm)
2. Buy better antenna (increase dbi)

Will Dronsey two question how deep are you pockets & how far do you what to go. :cool:;)

$ is not an issue...this is my first drone.. im already wondering how long I'll actually keep this before upgrading to something better :D LOL

i'll upgrade the range first and learn some more before I go out & get something better...

$ is not an issue...this is my first drone.. im already wondering how long I'll actually keep this before upgrading to something better :D LOL

i'll upgrade the range first and learn some more before I go out & get something better...
here is Maxwell smart (member here) antenna array.
IMG_20160625_0933271_zps5jsuewzz.jpg

Reactions: jeganx

Then go for dbs mod.
20160729_095210.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20