range issues

Reaction score
I purchased a second hand phantom 3 standard, but only managed to get 40 - 50 metres distance, after reading various threads I set the firmware in drone back to V1.5 this gave another 20 or so metres. Next purchased argtech aeriel system from Argtech not trusting the ones on ebay, this gave me around 140 meters range. Just out of curiosity I reset iphone 5c to region usa, I can now get at most 190-200 metres before getting low rc signal. Please can anyone suggest what to try next ?( apart from binning it )
Many thanks to forum for getting it out as far as it now goes
Clive

You need to fly in an open area away from urban areas to test it adequately.

I would use the stock antenna to test it. If the range is not close to what the stock range is supposed to be (1000 meters FCC, 500 meters CE), then that's the problem you need to work on. Adding better antennas is only masking the problem and it's not masking it very well.

the only solution to get the full range.. you need to replace the drone main board.. it will cost $129, basically you need to put a new IMU card. you can not buy it separately unless you can find a crashed drone with a good main board. (a crashed drone that didn't have range issue) but you don't need the whole main board.. you only need the IMU which has fixed in the middle of the main board. you can remove it by unplugging the cable. and after that don not update your firmware ever again.

the only solution to get the full range.. you need to replace the drone main board.. it will cost $129, basically you need to put a new IMU card. you can not buy it separately unless you can find a crashed drone with a good main board. (a crashed drone that didn't have range issue) but you don't need the whole main board.. you only need the IMU which has fixed in the middle of the main board. you can remove it by unplugging the cable. and after that don not update your firmware ever again.
Thank you I will look around for one

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik