Range is terrible

Reaction score
I just bought myself an fc40 to see how I enjoy it. I love it let me start off, I do notice that when it is maybe 200ft away the led on the back turns red. I replaced the battery with a brand new one, same thing. I run it in GPS mode and I calibrate compass everytime. Is there something I am missing?

Did you ever install the software on your computer and and run an advanced calibration? First thing you want to do is check everything out by connecting your FC40 to your computer and checking the settings. If everything is good in there, you may have to open up your quad and check the connections. One of mine had a loose connector to the board from the positive cable from the battery. Lucky I caught that before it separated completely. Let me know how things work out for you, but start off by connecting your phantom to your computer first and checking the settings.

I have not installed anything on my computer, I'm too worried I'll mess something up and it will never fly. I guess I will give it a shot.

I connected, everything was good and I configured the fail safe while I was in the software. Could it be that the remote is not sending a strong enough signal? I was thinking about upgrading antenna but did not know if it is worth it or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj