Range is down to only 100 meters flying w/gopro

Reaction score
When I first bought the copter, I flew it for a week without any payload and it flew as far as I could see.

Now since the 3D Zenmuse and Gopro are installed, I seem to lose contact very quickly around 100 meters. Is the camera equipment causing interference with the receiver antennas? This is all I can think of.

replaced batteries 3 times.
Always wait for green light to fly.
Always flying in GPS mode.

After I lose contact I flip the GPS up and down, and I can quickly regain control of the Phantom 2.

Any suggestions out there oh wise ones?

Did you get and install the interference board with your gimbal? Also make sure WiFi is not active(blue light on GoPro).

I have been flying with GoPro Wifi on. That could very well be it.

Thanks. Will report back after next flight

TodayTrader said:
I have been flying with GoPro Wifi on. That could very well be it.

Thanks. Will report back after next flight

Wow, you are lucky you have only lost contact with the P2 and not had a fly away. It is imperative that the WiFi is turned off otherwise the WiFi signal could take over controls and send your P2 far far away!

Yup that was it. Only fly twice with it like that and each time it went right into fly home mode. Good to know that feature works. Back to full range. Thanks

PhantomPhreak said:
Did you get and install the interference board with your gimbal? Also make sure WiFi is not active(blue light on GoPro).

I'm a new P2z owner as well.....if you turn off the GoPro wifi, does the remote control not work? Thus you have to press the shutter button manually ?

From the user manual page 5

(3)PHANTOM 2 uses a 2.4GHz RC system. To avoid communication interference, it’s not recommended to use other 2.4GHz devices (including 2.4G wifi or 2.4G wireless video transmission module) except the 2.4G Bluetooth and 2.4G Datalink.

If you want to take pictures with the GoPro use time lapse and start the camera before you take off. Several people have lost their Phantoms due to the wifi being left on.

Thanks,

Kev

Kevinski said:
From the user manual page 5

(3)PHANTOM 2 uses a 2.4GHz RC system. To avoid communication interference, it’s not recommended to use other 2.4GHz devices (including 2.4G wifi or 2.4G wireless video transmission module) except the 2.4G Bluetooth and 2.4G Datalink.

If you want to take pictures with the GoPro use time lapse and start the camera before you take off. Several people have lost their Phantoms due to the wifi being left on.

Thanks,

Kev

Thanks Kevin, I thought that was the case. It just seems difficult to hit the shutter button on the GP while it's in the gimbal to initiate video recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik